Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Great Vending Machine Pizza Debate
I think vending machine pizza's should not always be bad. this has made them basically useless other then as a source of vomit, which is, itself, not very vaulable. I think 75% of the time they should actually just spawn in fine.

However.

I think instead of just 'this or that' topings, a pizza machine should spawn with a random assortment of topings you can mix and match at higher cost. this could also have weird or unusual stuff as a possible chance of spawning in, making pizza a source of some obscure chems too randomly! Like hotdog octopuses or lash berries or uranium and stuff, maybe even have a chance of pizza's coming out VERY bad and you get spideregg pizza's or painbow pizza.

I don't think it'd be a very hard thing to do and I think it'd actually add some minor use to something that otherwise has now become nothing but a piece of wasted furniature and a free 100 dollars.
yeah pizza machines suck and take up space and nobody uses them. if someone wants to make the pizzas from it NOT make you sick at least that'd rule.

if someone wants to completely overhaul it to let you pick a selection of toppings instead of one of three flavors that'd rock too
Well the bad pizza's will have bad toppings.

Pineapple, Anchovis and such will make you sick.
(01-22-2023, 06:20 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Well the bad pizza's will have bad toppings.

Jokes on you, i like pineapple pizza
(01-22-2023, 09:50 PM)NanoDano Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 06:20 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Well the bad pizza's will have bad toppings.

Jokes on you, i like pineapple pizza

Then chef has to prepare it. Anything of these pizza's can only be done well by a chef, if a machine does it.. you get sick :P
I think the best response I can give to this thread is...there are pizza machines? I legitimately had no idea.

I guess their only use as of now would be to give an antag with a pizza sharpener ammunition, or turning the machine into a pizza-firing sentry gun, if they regularly produce pizza that is wholly inedible. Seems like a bit more non-antag utility could be given to the thing, so that regular crewmembers even register that it exists.
i could swear they were fine to eat at some point. why is it such a big issue to not make them just work? make em more expensive or somethin.
(01-25-2023, 07:02 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: i could swear they were fine to eat at some point. why is it such a big issue to not make them just work? make em more expensive or somethin.

They are 9/10 to me make you sick...
imo roundstart / vending machine food should not taste so disgusting it gives you infinite food poisoning. it should be mediocre and unsatisfying.

someone mentioned that honey also tastes like dog shit to humans and i think it's the same problem where it wasn't "cooked" so it has some variable in it set to 0 that makes you barf constantly.
That may indeed be what it is. But the sheer ammount of toxic noob trap food is insane in the vending machines and the pizza vendor litterally only charges 50 dollars for something that makes you vomit forever
(01-25-2023, 09:26 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: imo roundstart / vending machine food should not taste so disgusting it gives you infinite food poisoning. it should be mediocre and unsatisfying.

someone mentioned that honey also tastes like dog shit to humans and i think it's the same problem where it wasn't "cooked" so it has some variable in it set to 0 that makes you barf constantly.

So basicly put.. someone messed with the food parametres and now all raw food that is suppose to barely fill is POISON.
Speaking about honey, I always found it weird how eating it gave the "Ugh! That tasted horrible!" text blurb when you ate it - I just assumed it was because the honey I was eating was from bees that had been interacting with plants that would make unpalatable honey, not as a flat-out thing that applied to all honey. But having it be a coding oversight/unintentional feature makes more sense.

But back to the topic at hand: I'd agree that the pizzas should be made more edible. I get it, Discount Dan's food is bad for you, but you ARE paying more for a pizza then you would for a burrito or quick noodles (and I'm not even sure if the pizzas are Discount-Dan branded anyhow), so you shouldn't get such horrible food poisoning. The pizzas probably shouldn't be as good as the one's you could get from a competent chef, since having people interact with the chef is hard enough as is, but they should at least be worth a damn.
All for it, when there's no chef people just regulate to the non toxic snack foods in snack machines, having another option would be nice
(01-25-2023, 09:26 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: imo roundstart / vending machine food should not taste so disgusting it gives you infinite food poisoning. it should be mediocre and unsatisfying.

i think its been like that since bees were added
It's missing the chef's secret ingredient
love