Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Environmental Fog
Something that miasm does in game is create gas clouds around an environmental factor, in this case a decaying body.

I thought it could be fun to have more ways this kinda of thing occurs in station and to create situations where players use it for mechanical reasons

Some ideas:

Frozen vapor on cold environment objects:
Clouds appearing in spaces like the freezer, or around cryotubes

Steam created from warm environment objects:
Things like the oven producing steam or smoke clouds from objects inside being cooked, or objects on fire

Turning on the station showers producing steam that can fog up areas to obscure vision.

Medicinal plants releasing breathable chem effects
I like the idea of a visual identifier for heat/cold other than "Body says so" and that'd also make people look twice before opening a fire lock to reveal a fire, and leave it open as they bolt.

Though medical plants just naturally releasing chems makes the janitor in me clutch my vacuum tightly, especially since I haven't seen someone go ham with rafflesia, and that's just miasma!
So far we got fog grenades that limit vision and smoke as well.
But I want to know what a dev thinks of this.
misread the title as "environmental frog" and was very excited until I read it again

personally I think it's important to tell if a cloud of vapor is reagent-based at a glance, since these are the type of clouds that can be super deadly if wandered into. something like a particle effect on hot or cold things would be neat though