Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A "Cluwne" Discussion.
I orgiinally wanted to post this in RP, but then I thought... No.. this can effect classic as well.

Cluwnes are considered "Free to kill" as they are cursed to suffer, but... what defines of a free to kill cluwne?

What is considered "Cluwne killable?" Since for example... the shoes of a cluwne just make a horrible sound when walking, but... they actually give you a secret non slipping buff. Thus it's benefical to wear and cause abit of chaos.
The player wearing them however can still talk normally and doesn't have full on cluwne-ism. Is this a cluwne to kill?

What about the mask? It has the same properties as the cursed horse masks not unlike the one a certain monkey wears or is inflicted upon by a certain chaplain book.
Is wearing this mask a cluwne thing?

What about the clothes and gloves? Is wearing those considered Cluwne?

Now the main reason I bring this up is mostly "THE SHOES"
As I said they make funny noises and give you immunity to slipping in certain situations.
But you can also just wear cluwne gloves and no one will notice it, cause it makes no noises.

So while I am fine with cluwne's being free to kill. We gotta set a clear line for this.

What is considered a free to kill cluwne? (And no in RP it means you still gotta RP with the cluwne before commencing murder.)
One that was turned?
One wearing a single piece?
Or only certain pieces?

As far as I could find this answer is no where to be found...and made me wonder... as I personally wore a lot of cluwne shoes in the past to simply give me the funny noise and no slipping on most slippery situations.
Its the mask I believe that makes you Free to kill. Atleast in my experience
(01-21-2023, 09:28 AM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: Its the mask I believe that makes you Free to kill. Atleast in my experience

I'd think so too, but does the cursed horse mask that can do similiar but insted of HONK HONK you go NEIGH NEIGH, does that count if you mix Cluwne with it?
Does that mean mask only cluwne = accept to be murdered?

it's why this ain't a 1 answer thing.
Ironicly... I can be a skeleton with the cluwne mask, put my head off and on my person, walk around making the noises and yet no one will know I am wearing a cluwne mask... XD

This is why I am asking it around to get a clearer indication, unless admins flat out say: "If you wear "Insert whatever cluwne stuf" in here, people may kill you"
Or maybe even the actual funny part...
"May destroy any limbs/bodyparts that is Cluwne cursed"

But for now let's discuss on!
I think having anything Cluwne-related - even if you aren't actually fully a Cluwne - is like having blood in the water (particularly the shoes and mask, because of how distinctive they are); people will seek you out and beat the shit out of you if given the slightest provocation. I'd say that the mask is the most important part, but my personal judgement is that you'd need to be wearing all parts of the costume to be kill on sight with no questions asked, at least if I find you huddled somewhere in Maintenance lamenting your existence.

However, if someone with any amount of Cluwne gear is being annoying, people will be far more likely to try to kill them. Normally, this is where I'd say "and that's a bad thing," but honestly, in the context of Goon, I'm kinda fine with it. If you channel the spirit of the Cluwne, even if you aren't fully a cluwne, then you're at least liable to being beaten up. If you're mostly a normal crewmember with one or two pieces of cursed clothing, are serving your station as expected, and aren't involuntarily honking and suffering immense brain damage, then people shouldn't be beating you up. Unfortunately, aside from some general guidelines, this is a bit of a grey area where individual discretion has to be applied (and Ahelp has to be invoked, occasionally).

Keep in mind that killing Cluwnes is a goon tradition. There are ways of saving them, but it's considered perfectly acceptable to cave their head in based on the server's culture. That is an arbitrary thing - why not prioritize saving Cluwnes instead of killing them? Because it's tradition, and people love having excuses to beat people up in this game. So wearing anything Cluwne related is tantamount to putting a "kick me" sign on your back, even if people technically shouldn't be beating you up. (Note that this judgement is coming from someone that plays Classic exclusively - I'm sure RP is a different beast.)

Personal Opinion Tl;dr : All of the clothes = you will be killed, and that's fine. Some of the clothes = you are putting yourself at risk of being killed or injured, and that's a trade-off you have to consider. Voluntarily donning Cluwne clothes is a risk.
its when your name turns to cluwne. at that point you are a cluwne.
(01-21-2023, 12:12 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: its when your name turns to cluwne. at that point you are a cluwne.

Agreed. That's more or less the line.

Wearing most cluwne stuff doesnt make you automatically a cluwne, although it can lead to funny RP moments. You quite fast become a nuissance with cluwne stuff on, so i think you can expect some repercussions from your felliw crewmember.
(01-22-2023, 12:01 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 12:12 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: its when  your name turns to cluwne. at that point you are a cluwne.

Agreed. That's more or less the line.

Wearing most cluwne stuff doesnt make you automatically a cluwne, although it can lead to funny RP moments. You quite fast become a nuissance with cluwne stuff on, so i think you can expect some repercussions from your felliw crewmember.

I like this consensus a lot. In RP wearing Cluwne stuff to cause dissmay is hilarious and can be used to make complaints to the HoP/Captain.
But not outright murder cluwne wearers.
When your name is Cluwne? Free to kill, on RP atleast RP before killing.

But on Classic.. Cluwne named players? Free kills.
Wearing this stuff on Classic shouldn't go to killing either, but.. since Classic has very low RP. This is where we need to draw a line 100%.
But I still say no and I think most of us say no.