HOS Bob Vecero Application(Now with the experience part) šŸ˜Ž
Usual character name: Bob Vecero
BYOND username: TomateZz
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Mink_yz#1800
Recommended by (if applicable): No oneĀ [Image: frown.gif]
Goon servers you play: Sylvester and Morty(But play more in Sylvester)

Reason for application: I already played with much HOS and, well it was really cool, being a HOS is to be responsible in a minor ofĀ the times, and a funny man most of all the time. And i think Bob and me can do it. I really like the security boy experience, while you're investigating a minor-crime and then you seeĀ the HOS slip on a banana and his beret be stolen by a clown. The mixture of fun and tension while you're a sec officer is so good. You really have more RP opportunities and you interact more with the world, as i like playing as Head sometimes, is really fun to guide some scientists to explode a bomb purposelessĀ inspace dinner.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
So, i play the since March 2022. But i really discovered security in June,i started playing as a clown that got recruited as a security assistant, i got meh in that shift. Got some normal mistakes for a new assistant, so i did more 2 shifts as assistants, just to stop some of the mistakes. When i played as a Officer for the first time, i loved the feeling of you need to communicate, the team work,the changeling being your coworker, is a adrenaline shot in your vein. But also, being a sec officer is guide new officers or assistants, help the detective to not get poisoned in black vodka, and have fun with your team. After a lot of shifts, i was getting better and better, starting to recognize everyone, Bob even got a inspiration! It looked like a dream, i was really happy playing as sec officer. I can't deny, playing with a full team is the best thing a sec officer can wish. Being a sec officer when you mentally healthy is a good experience that i recommend to anyone. Most of the new players thinks that being a sec officer sucks because you need to follow rules and bla bla bla, but when they first play it, they get addicted because it's really funny and cool. I was one of that persons, gotta say, but when i played as the clown that became a sec assistant, i really loved it, and i got beated by a wrestler too, but let's ignore that part. Being a security personnel means you communicate with you team is really important and can save your, they lifes and a lot of innocents lifes. Being a security man made me more communicative in radio, creating and responding RP opportunities and, i hope so, making people happy, i get happy when people is happy. Bob is my favorite character to play with, his personality is good, even that not combines so much with his role at the station. There was a time that i was literally solo security officerĀ in a emptyĀ station, then i tried to turn on the generator, result, it exploded the canister and i almost died.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
  • Mistakes are normal, even for veterans. You can forget the "secmate" command, is completely okay. Theres some people crazy when you get something wrong, but the best to solve it is just ignore, and we expect that he will get bored as you don't react.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
  • I was a Brobocop, and then i saw a security "dead" in the floor, and the HOS saied that we had to throw it in the disposals,so repentely immediately the security officer revived!? So i shooted she down with my dart gun, as she was a "zombie" and could eat the HOS brain. And then the i saw the NanoTrasen Security Consultant stole and smashes the HOS beret, and then a assistant stole the HOS cape. I really laughed a lot in that day.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  • I think in a new featureĀ that's like, another option ofĀ non-lethal tools, theĀ pepper spray, stuns the enemy and blind him for 4 seconds forĀ each use, you can make them by mashing a pepperĀ in blender or getting in security machine.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
  • While in a full team, you interact with everyone, you get a bit more busy, sometimes i do multitask, when the engineer department is empty, i sometimes help and try to activate the generator,Ā guiding new security assistants and officers, Ā even if is to help in a specific topic or guide him through the basic, is a perfect experience, you can make the full team get in bar to drink Triple-C!Ā While in a solo, you need to maintain aware, and you don't get so opportunities in checking departments, and getting into bars all the time, you need a bit more responsability when going to patrol.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • Bob is a officer
  • He likes the NanoTrasen
  • HeĀ brigs the crazy conspirator
  • He likes the space station
  • He have a pet bee
  • Bob is happy while withĀ his coworkers
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
  • Instead of the minor-crime criminals and minor-traitors(Conspirator, thief, etc.) just get brigged or locked into a cell, i think it could have a crew-service, he can decides if he wants to do community jobs(janitor, chef and botanist), this can make them a perfect chef, or clean the station, or just get plant supplies to everyone.
  • Draw a picture!
    [Image: WgEewDW.png]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):Ā 
None
Initially, I was not planning to comment since I hadn't seen Bob in security and needed more information before giving input. But, having seen Bob now, I will say they are a very friendly face and are enjoyable to be around in security. They seem to have pretty fair judgement, and looking at the application itself, are well experienced. They could be a good HoS, I'm giving a +1.
(Just a small note, this is a respost from Bob's other app. I mistakenly commented on the one that was not updated. I know it said the comments will not be invalidated, but I wanted to make sure to get it here as well.)

Bob is a level headed officer and always a joy to see on the team. He communicates well with both the security team and the crew, has a strong command of all sec tools, is fair in sentencing, great at de-escalation, and brings some wonderful RP to boot! I remember a recent round when we had an ongoing investigation and I asked Bob to interview folks and report back. He actually took a tape recorder and played the interviews back for me, which I thought was a nice touch!

Having played many security rounds with Bob, I believe he would make an excellent HoS and provide many memorable rounds with the role. +1!
Seen them be fun, funny, helpful and effective ingame on RP, good qualities for a prospective HoS!
I'd agree with everything said so far. I've had nothing but good interactions with Bob and don't see any issues with them becoming HoS. They seem very receptive to criticism and have shown me personally that they're able to make any needed changes to correct any mistakes they've made before. +1
After review of community feedback and internal deliberation, we have accepted your application to become a HoS. Congrats! Please familiarize yourself with our HoS Guidelines and reach out anytime if you have any concerns or questions.