Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genetics Graphical Weirdness
So unless this has been miraculously fixed in the last day or two, there's still some problems with genetics sprites.

First of all, and maybe this isn't even an issue, but when people get cloned, I've been noticing their limbs all seem colored differently from their bodies. It's mostly noticeable with anyone with a darker skin color anyway, where their body seems normal but their arms and legs are darker. Not a pressing concern but maybe it contributes to some other problem somewhere, who knows. These things seem to branch out pretty easily.

More important than that, though, is that none of the Genetics powers seem to be showing up. Chameleon and Cloak of Darkness are the only ones that have a visible effect anymore, it seems (Hulk might work but I haven't gotten it in a while, I'm not sure). This is a pretty big deal, since the only way to know someone is a flame/cold/electric resistant TK horned monster is through their sprite. None of those powers show up on the sprite anymore though. I sincerely doubt this was a deliberate thing, since horns are pretty much purely aesthetic in the first place.

It's also one of the better ways for someone to keep track of what powers they've actually got activated, because they don't show up on the abilities list. But it's more important that other people can see you and know you're a mutant monster so they can stop you if you go crazy. Also, it looks awesome. I mean, horns, cmon. That's literally the best mutation.
Crumplehat Wrote:So unless this has been miraculously fixed in the last day or two, there's still some problems with genetics sprites.
First of all, and maybe this isn't even an issue, but when people get cloned, I've been noticing their limbs all seem colored differently from their bodies. It's mostly noticeable with anyone with a darker skin color anyway, where their body seems normal but their arms and legs are darker. Not a pressing concern but maybe it contributes to some other problem somewhere, who knows. These things seem to branch out pretty easily.

The limbs are colored the default skin tone where the body takes the color you choose
Limbs actually haven't matched the body skin color for a while now. Also, the colors of the limbs+body are both slightly different than the actual color that you picked in the character settings screen!

also I can confirm that some powers still aren't visible. surprise telekinesis!
MyBlueCorners Wrote:Limbs actually haven't matched the body skin color for a while now. Also, the colors of the limbs+body are both slightly different than the actual color that you picked in the character settings screen!

TK had a visible thingy?
KikiMofo Wrote:
MyBlueCorners Wrote:Limbs actually haven't matched the body skin color for a while now. Also, the colors of the limbs+body are both slightly different than the actual color that you picked in the character settings screen!

TK had a visible thingy?

It's been so long since I've had TK, but I think you get this weird halo-like thing around your head.
Okay now NONE of the powers have visible sprites, except obesity and maybe dwarfism (haven't tested Dwarf). Hulk doesn't even turn you green anymore.

Could I request that, if nothing else, that something at least be added to the Notes section every time you get a mutation so you can at least tell what powers you have yourself? The visual indications of having heat/cold/smes resistance were every bit as important for me to remember I had a power as it was to alert other people to the fact that I had it. It also made it less likely that people would think I was a changeling if I went outside the station without a suit.

On the plus side, I'm loving the monkey stuff. Getting primal genetics and cold res and flying in space is the best. But not being able to have horns while doing it is a big old bummer.
It's because layers are broken as fuck.

In fact, genetics layers have always been pretty broken. You can give someone hulk, buckle them to a chair, strangle them, and the hulk overlay will lie down while the actual person will stay standing. It results in a guy surfing around on shrek while he punches people into walls.
Hulk and Cold Resistance work again; I've confirmed that much. I assume stuff like heat res and TK and maybe SMES are working too but I haven't confirmed it yet.

Horns still don't show up, though, last I checked.
http://imgur.com/zNgSu4E
Hulk has always been weird on monkeys, and it still doesn't turn your hands green, either, but getting green skin back is still a step in the right direction.
Hulk still doesn't turn hands (and presumably feet) green but that's a small issue.

It looks like pretty much everything works again, though. I've tested horns, fire/cold res, SMES, TK, dwarf, they all work again. I don't think I'm missing any. Next will be to test all of these on monkeys to see how those work.