Rick Dias' real HoS app
Usual character name: Rick Dias
BYOND username: AWP2g
Discord username: AWP2g#0030
Recommended by: Sian West
Goon servers you play: Heisenbee

Reason for application:
The reason for my application is that I think HoS is a cool role that can contribute a lot to the round along with assisting the security team as a whole.  I would fit in the role of a leader of security seeing where I was and where I am right now I find myself helping other sec players, trying to take initiative and overall just trying to make the round more interesting and fun and in my opinion on top of just being a leader it’s also important to try to make sure everyone involved has fun.

Security experience:
At first when I started playing on Goonstation I did not like security as a role, in fact in my mind it was a role for powertripping.  One day I decided to give it a shot.  I found it to be pretty enjoyable. What started of as sort of a meme of me playing sec has actually grown into sec being my favorite job on the station. At first I barely knew anyone although that quickly changed as being a part of a team made me interact with the rest of the station more and overall just try to make the game more fun. I did make a lot of mistakes. I wasn’t sure about the way of handling things the properly, here and there I would make wrong decisions but over time I have gotten way better at this largly in part due to the guidance of other security and HoS players. I want to bring that same value to other players as well. I have also learned the importance of keeping the round going and interesting. After all other antagonists are also players and they make rounds dynamic. At the start I wasn’t really sure on how to properly punish antagonists at certain points which would often lead to the round being kind of boring but over time I did gain experience on how to deal with antagonists while also keeping it fun for everyone. Another thing I’ve been doing over time is offering assistance to other officers. After all I know how scary it is to just get into sec as a new player especially since a lot of crew don’t particularly like sec (I was a part of those people). I try my best to encourage newer sec players to ask as many questions as they can and I’ll try to answer as many as I can. After all security is a team effort and having someone to guide you with something you’re not sure about helps a lot and I think I’ve gotten quite good at it. I am no veteran but I think I’ve had enough experience on goon security that I would make quite a good fit for Head of Security.

Answer two or more of the following:
• What advice would you give to other sec players?
Honestly the best advice I could give any new sec player or any other sec player for that matter is it’s okay to make mistakes. It’s something I personally wish I figured out earlier. After all it is just a game and we are here to have fun eating yourself up over a mistake you made isn’t worth it. The only way you will get better is by making a few mistakes that’s how you learn. That’s how I learned. It’s a very basic advice but I feel like it’s super helpful towards anyone overall.
• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
When part of a full team, I like spending time helping any new secoffs if there are any. That just answer questions or showing them something. I am also way more relaxed and I enjoy getting involved in minor crew disputes or rather gimmicky stuff like writing tickets which I always enjoy it’s funny. I also sometimes do another job if it is urgent if there are no engineers present and there is a hull breach for example, if I’m with a full sec team I will try to fix the breach. Basically there is a lot more interaction with the crew and some of my favorite moments on goon have happened like this. It changes when I am solo because now I have to make sure the actual “meat” of the job is being done i.e dealing with antags. As such there is less time for casual crew interaction although I do try to make it happen. A thing that I have found useful is finding a trustworthy crewmember and getting them involved in the sec action. Having someone on the crew to inform you of stuff when you’re the only officer is really helpful.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it’s important for the HoS to be fun):

• What’s a security gimmick that you’ve ran or wanted to run?
I have always wanted to do something with antags that doesn’t involve just brigging. I always wanted to make antags earn their freedom in a way that isn’t serving time but rather working for it in the kitchen. We give the chef new line cooks and they have to make a certain amount of meals or at least contribute to meals. Nothing like making soup in exchange for sweet liberty!

Draw a picture:

[Image: DRIP_DIAS.png]
Upon observing Rick multiple times as both crew and HoS I can sure say he's ready to be one.
Of course he did a lot of mistakes in the past like any other player would, it was really visible that he might not have even been enjoying security that much because how much he would complain or how salty he would get... But things changed.
Rick continued playing security and even became one of the regulars later on, he makes fair punishment, is robust and has the skills to lead a security team. He is very talkative to people, doesn't act like a 'fun hater' as in won't make the round boring or validhunt folks.
Rick is active on sec comms, always asks questions if he isn't sure about something which is very good, interacts with other sec members a lot and helps them too. If I'm HoS and ask my sec team to help me with something, he is one of the people to step forward and do it.
He may not be playing a lot right now, but Rick will be always a person I will be happy to see on security team, he fully matches my recommendations.
Give him stompy boots
+1
I have seen Rick play sec a decent amount and throughout all my small exchanges with them I have had no bad experiences or anything that would paint them in an outstandingly bad light. However, from what I can remember Rick was generally on the quieter side when I would see them on sec although looking at Sian's comment it appears this has changed for the better so I see no problem with giving Rick the beret. +1
rick is a good dude and a competent secoff, havent been playing for a while but if he is just as i remember i think he is capable of handling a sec team so yea a +1
Rick is a great secoff and always great to work with. Communicates effectively and is good at catching antags. Always great to work with them on a security and would be a solid hos.
+1
good secoff have seen him play sec for a while knows main culture +1
+1 fair player and good secoff. I think he would make a great HoS and would like to play sec with him
+1 Ive seen rick Play alot of sec and Hes pretty fair to play against and has the skills to go with being a HoS. He is also just a all around fun player and I would love to see them as a HoS.
Big +1 from me.

Played sec with Rick on many shifts. He is able to conduct himself very well and is always happy to help newer players out.
Very mature when handling antags, gives out appropriate punishments.
Overall probably one of the best secoffs I've shared shifts with!
Tentative +1, but I have to say that I haven't seen much of you.

However, what I have seen was good. Overall a decent and respectful player, and as such I support the app.
After review of community feedback and internal deliberation, we have accepted your application to become a HoS. Congrats! Please familiarize yourself with our HoS Guidelines and reach out anytime if you have any concerns or questions.