Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bovine "shoes"
Hello again

The whole point of this thread is to open up the idea for Bovines to be able to create or wear different types of work related footwear.

Something like horse(cow)shoes or SOMETHING. ANYTHING TO MAKE ME NOT GET SUCKED INTO THE SINGULO!

Thanks

jons the catte

hell a tether would be funny too
Magnetic "Horseshoes"

Great for cheating at HorseShoe tossing.
Great for Bovine Folk to put on their hooves.
Yes I know.. They aren't the same hooves.
Yes I know.. they need to be hammer with nails onto the hooves.

So... insted it magneticly connects to the hooves, but cannot be turned off till you pry em off with a crowbar.
I always thought it would be funny if cows could wear heavy horseshoes to make kicks do more damage
Honestly, this seems like a decent idea. Perhaps there should be some legwork involved in converting a regular pair of magboots into cow-compatible maghooves, like some crafting, since the inability to wear footwear is one of the main drawbacks to being a cow. But for something as potentially important as magboots for an engineer, there should be a replacement.

Bonus points if this ends up allowing for cows to make custom horseshoes at the nano-fabricator that give you special effects based on their constituent materials. (Erebite horseshoes just blow off your legs if you kick someone, for instance.)
Quote:So Why Don’t Cows Need Shoes, Too?

Basically, cows just aren’t expected to do as much stuff as horses are (and across such a wide variety of terrain). We don’t race them; we don’t use them for ranch work à la Yellowstone; we don’t make them carry tourists around Central Park in carriages; and so on. Back when oxen were a common draft animal for farm work, even into the 20th century, they were often shod [PDF]. Since oxen, like cows, have cloven hooves—split into two—they actually wore two separate “shoes” on each foot.
Neat.

I think it'd be neat to have to nail in "cowshoes" with different properties; unable to take them off and on again at will but easily done at your local medbay with the right materials from mining.
Y'all, ox shoes are a thing you can just call them that
but can we nail horseshoes to the clown
(01-20-2023, 06:35 AM)Mouse Wrote: but can we nail horseshoes to the clown

Of course you can.. especially if it's Bovine Clown.