Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Engineering borg-grade RCD for engineers
Let ne preface this by saying that most forms of construction of rooms simply take far too much time. In many crash rounds it can be observed that most of the foundation of construction work is being done by borgs and normal crewmembers needing 40+ minutes to creates somewhat spacious rooms because of the requirement of multiple recources and insulting long action bars.

Since it should not be that borgs are better equipped to build stuff than engineers, i would suggest giving every engineer a limited RCD from roundstart that is unable to construct reinforced walls. This would nudge engineers more into the direction of building stuff, which is supposedly their job (most don't do...)

I know that could be a hot mess for classic. Then again, every roundstart borg could do the same and multiple maps got a rcd avaible to engineers in EVA. I'm specifically taking out rWalls of that RCD because these are a clusterfuck to tear down and that could turn out far too griefy.

Or a different approach: add 2 RCD in the engineering storage. We got a spare avaible on most maps, but woth the amount of engineers that's a tad too few.
Or you can give a RCD that can only build things, not demolish things to avoid easy breaches.

There are also tools that allow you to mark walls and floors for meson goggles.
It was in the construction worker kit.. why not bring that back and these limited RCD's can only build there with that tool.
Or it's already there and "construction areas" (like in Donut 3) can only be used with these RCD's.
But.. if it's emagged or a specific "Hacked traitor" RCD will be added that can ignore these restrictions, but will still have limited matter.
With only the CE/EVA RCD being a "TRUE" one or the "BORG ONES"
That would be a neat idea. Give the tool to each command member so they can mark stuff and then engineering can swoop in an deconstruct it all.
(01-11-2023, 08:28 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: That would be a neat idea. Give the tool to each command member so they can mark stuff and then engineering can swoop in an deconstruct it all.

Exactly, this would also give each head a reason to be involved with their departments or atleast give the CE more of a reason to design a room and leave the engineers to do the job.

"but what about people who play engineer and want to build their own rooms?"

You can still do that... you just have to do it the old fashioned way. It's just the faster way involves more players (aka head of departments).
Wich I think is more in spirit with the goon station attitude.
Don't forget the power of teamwork. If you're an engineer getting ready to start a project, you should wrangle a few staff assistants and act as their manager. One person can focus on one aspect of construction while the other finishes of the 2nd part, assembly style.