Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some ideas for cloning biomatter+corpses
and by 'matter' i think it'd be neat if what you put in there have a chance to reflect the outcome

like to have it so the cloner starts stocked with human biomatter, lizard biomatter, cockroach biomatter, cow, etc biomatter that would be used depending on the race they had when they were scanned in.

so say for example if there is no more human biomatter left, humans getting cloned could have a chance to come out as a different race or simply possessing limbs from those races. i feel something like this could provide more thought/nuance into cloning, given how there was the addition of cloning defects added.

next for corpses, i think it would provide a sense of urgency to handle corpses both properly and expediently. currently there is no real downside to throwing rotten corpses into the reclaimer. i think some real value could be added to the necroscan module (beyond being able to scan rotted bodies+skeletons) would be so that throwing rotten bodies into the reclaimer would add miasma to the chem pod in the cloner, in the same way reclaiming wasp meat can cause cloned people to come out of the pod with some antihistamines into them.
This actually gives mutating monkeys into other races a reason... BUT....

this nerf's any player who places mutant races HARD.

I am a pug do you have PUG DNA? No? Well guess I not gonna be a pug anymore.. I know I picked it for hard mode, but my hard mode ended now.

So in concept it makes genecists do more... in execution... it only makes mutant races more annoyed and yell at genecists for not finding the mutations.
well the idea is also to quickly get people scanned in and cloned, if you get cloned and your body is recovered quickly enough it can be reclaimed to replenish the supply of pug or whatever dna you need. the idea is to promote timely recovery of corpses (if possible), realistically so few people play pugs in execution so i'd be confident in saying scenarios where multiple pugs were cloned in the round without having their bodies recovered and reclaimed (ie gibbed, rotted, etc) would be an extreme outlier