Miniscule Danee HoS Application
Music 
Usual character name: Miniscule Danee 
BYOND username: Bomb_Sirens
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  Cannibalism Connoisseur ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽#4967 (Peculiar humour ik)

Goon servers you play: Heisenbee  Sleeping bee

Reason for application:
Security for me is a common role with my even preferences, sometimes I join and the team is missing a HoS, which I feel is rather disappointing for everyone. HoS is also a role that simply enhances the flow of the round, and allows officers to coordinate around a pivotal foundation for anti-criming activities in regards to sentencing and coordination.
Security experience (300 word minimum):
My experience with security began with me trying every department out when I first started playing, so naturally I selected Secass the first time I could so I could understand that segment of the main station. I kept my head down and was a good headset lootbox due to absolute combat inexperience at the time. As a part of this learning process I naturally played the different subdepartments next, and played secoff and detective as soon as they were available, with each shift being a new job at the start of my ss13 career. While I arrested a traitor as inexperienced as me on my first officer round, I was very incompetent, being a easy way to grab a baton. I have tried over several hundred shifts to improve in security and in detaining, to mixed success. While if I am able to compete with my competition is still up in the air, I have learnt alot about the ethics and etiquette of security, hence I believe I have the competence to have this app in in the first place, nevertheless. My progression in security other than learning the 'lay of the land' between Space Law and security ethics involved understanding and mediating between the enjoyment of an antagonist's round for themselves and the crew's safety. This is a controversial decision in any aspect but its necessary in order to progress the round in a manner fair to both sides. With this knowledge being utilised in verdicts shift by shift, and with gradual increases to combat proficiency to such a degree that I won't be a lawbringer lootbox. I believed it was time to progress my security career into all-out coordination from a chain of command perspective. HoS is not just the literal part of their name but also a beacon as the anti-crime when on station, and even if I can't aim yet somehow, I believe my frail pug Danee can be at least that beacon of hope.

• What advice would you give to other sec players?
    If you have the time, adding tags to people on arrest is extremely helpful. This means that there isn't a possibility that a perpetrator gets away dismissed as a jailbird and also gives information to the team member of what they are up against. The best part is this method of communication is so efficient that even if you haven't ran into each other in patrols since, the tagger and the person who has a run in can exchange information without a word needed (comms are always welcome though, but I've seen that one on these too much). Utilising the most of secmate is a amazing communication foundation to any security team.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Within security while a easy answer would be any camaraderie between officers. However many memorable times I have had have been on the other side of the baton. I recall a spy round I had and I just talked about the round with the officers while in the brig, such a nice and chill conversation would be a optimistic want for me and this is a experience I want to do on the other side of the baton to that round too.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    I personally believe that the personalisation of equipment would be a great way for the run of the mill officer to tinker around with their equipment and create a new personalised style for their detainment methods. But this is quite a big ask. I do believe that having jailbird etc. with tagged crimes could greatly reduce alot of confusion which while is good for RP moments, is just a speed bump for security with how frantic rounds are.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    During these scenarios I tend to try to keep any assistants and detectives in the loop, while understanding antagonists is still necessary, I have to be less lenient as I can't afford to allow the crew's danger to go exponential to such a degree that I as a single officer can't hope to rein it in at all. A small tip is if you are a solo officer and you have a detective is to get them to setup a spy sticker network, your gonna need all the information you can get. In a full team though your influence as a department is significantly greater throughout the whole station and is alot more room for mercy in regards to antagonists. a fancy greater domestic space-bee
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Bee, oh bee once meet meOh bee, give me the trial of great HeisenbeeHeisenbee, being the HoS you ask thee?Very well, you shall see no more crime spree
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    One I ran with a few officers was corrupt sec, with bribes and playing dirty. While still being competent, we just fined alot of stuff we would normally ignore for the big bucks. Another very old but memorable one was turning security into a maid cafe and serving customers! I ended up being a lizard in a maid outfit and served ALOT of donuts. 
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None
Danee is always a fun addition to the team, always fair with antags and reliable when you need backup. Definitely has potential to be a great hos +1

(That black text is so painful to read)
Danee is a great secoff. Danee gives antags fair chances and is competent and reliable. Would be a good hos +1
Glad to hear I'm on the right track at least!
Also I'd like to take nano's advice on board with the text, if it isn't too much to ask if someone could change the black text to white, I'd really appreciate it!
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-07-04. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!