Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Have sterile masks block miasma
Personally, I think that doctors should have better access to embalming fluid to prevent miasma rather than a way to bypass it entirely.

However, I still think that roboticists should have some way of blocking miasma since they often have to deal with decomposing corpses that they couldn’t have prevented.

Also, what do sterile masks even do? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone use one.
(01-10-2023, 09:33 PM)Sord213 Wrote: Miasma, in small quantities ( <5 ), does not damage you. Grabbing a corpse quickly will not be enough to cause damage. There was also a bug, which I believe has been fixed, that caused corpses to keep spewing miasma even after reaching the final stage of decomposition which was not intended.

Otherwise, just hit them with formaldehyde or stick them in a morgue. If you're leaving piles of bodies around don't complain when they start stinking up the place.

that's the thing, people see scary purple gas (typically they are found in small enclosed areas where it's more concentrated, or more rarely out in the middle of halls/areas where it's also concentrated) and think "i dont wanna go in there" thus you have people just ignoring bodies. i think having medical masks providing some level of resistance to it would provide all the more incentive to grab them
(01-10-2023, 09:33 PM)Sord213 Wrote: Otherwise, just hit them with formaldehyde or stick them in a morgue. If you're leaving piles of bodies around don't complain when they start stinking up the place.

But thats the thing. Peoples bring bodies to medbay and just leave them wherever while doctors are busy or not paying attention. The peoples leaving the bodies around are not the ones who have to deal with miasma. Sure you can always scrub maintenance or pester engineering for a gasmask, but it feels weird that medbay isn't equiped by default to deal with it, when its the number one place peoples like to dump corpses in.
How about we make a body conveyer belt insted? Or something to make transporting bodies better?
(01-12-2023, 05:34 AM)Kotlol Wrote: How about we make a body conveyer belt insted? Or something to make transporting bodies better?

Currently body bags will reduce the movement penalty for dragging a body if they're placed inside. I believe they also prevent miasma when closed but I could be wrong.

Other than that there's the morgue chutes usually located outside medbay
(01-12-2023, 10:10 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 05:34 AM)Kotlol Wrote: How about we make a body conveyer belt insted? Or something to make transporting bodies better?

Currently body bags will reduce the movement penalty for dragging a body if they're placed inside. I believe they also prevent miasma when closed but I could be wrong.

Other than that there's the morgue chutes usually located outside medbay

I mean in "clone bay" from the morgue.

People barely deliver bodies to the morgue, so a morgue chute outside of medbay will help alot already. Like medbay going: "Dispose body here"
And then something like that going from the Morgue to Clone bay.

But I think a morgue chute from Medbay front desk to Morgue will already HELP SO MUCH!
And maybe from medbay check points to the morgue as well.