Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HoP Traitor item. "Access Ultra"
Alright, Imagine your HoS and you look at your Special Traitor items and you see the Item "Access ultra" You think about what it could possibly do as your previous experience with similar devices has been non existent. You switch your attention to the description of the item. It reads "A Syndicate special Access device, Turn any door into your personal locked space exclusive to those with your access. Item comes with a special third access type that makes door access specific to the exact access you have." 

This item In effect Allows a HoP Traitor to insert a ID into the "Access Ultra" same as the Access Pro and work on a door. However the door access will lock onto the specific Access keys that the Access has. Confusing lets put this into a scenario

*Scenario*

HoP has a new Access with the follow access's; Kitchen, Bar, Engineering(inner), Security and Ranch. He is to insert this ID into the "Access Ultra" and use it on the security door. He then Uses a Id with the exact same set of Access's. The door is openned when walking in. Soon Captain walks over with his AA and is confused too why when he attempts to enter the Security door it Fails to open. He attempts to open it with direct hand as he assumes it might be a ID card override. He would be wrong. He has been struck by a "Access Ultra" Captain proceeds to cry to Security who Cry to AI to open it.

*End of Scenerio" 

Other features that Would be with this are a faster Converting time then that of the Access pro. Besides that, the Costing that I was thinking was around 2-4. Probably 3 If Im being honest.

*Ideas I had but Was like Might be OP but will put here anyway*

1. Access Ultra also has the ability to Change the Access of armoury and HoS office.
2. Access Ultra has the ability to change Access of lockers as well as doors
3. Access Ultra Can override the door capability of the AI past that of even a Hack (AI cant hack the door and the door must be smashed or gone around)
4. Access Ultra can store multiple Ids and can switch between them (kinda useless ngl)

*personal thoughts on the Access Ultra*

Well The Issue I do have with the Idea is that If It was too have some of the Op Features listed above it would just be a Discount Emag Pretty much in terms of doors etc. The other issue I have is its practicality as a HoP. How useful would it actually be? Persoanlly I can imagine HoP's Taking over areas of Sec in order to prevent movement. As well as this Im having issues deciding if it will have a Giant text telling people your doing it above your head (like the Access Pro) or is it going to be secret. 

*MAIN ISSUE WITH IDEA*

Im dumb as hell and have no idea how to draw or code. This is purely in the hands of anyone who decides to pick it up (I mean obviously that's kind of the point unless your a smarty pants coder who does these and then has to get it passed etc you get my point)

Umm I think thats all. Umm If I missed anything critical and Dumb thats needed for a traitor item Please comment. Umm also COmment thoughts. Just thought I would put this out there as a Idea. Would love to see HoP get some Traitor gear love <3

Thanks guys!

(if anyone knows any actual Logic gate funny word that actually describes what Access Ultra does (for example like normal Access devices theres AND and OR) please tell me Im dumb and dont really know logic gates that well)
Isn't this already how the access pro works
(01-05-2023, 02:45 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Isn't this already how the access pro works

Well the Access Pro has 2 modes. OR mode makes it so if a person using the door has atleast one of the Access's it opens the door. The other mode is AND, where the person has to have all the access's to open the door. Effectively someone with AA can always open any door (bar HoS armoury etc) even if HoP uses a AA or specific Access type on a door.

In short it cant Lock someone with AA out of a area.
just don't give them aa as traitor hop then
(01-05-2023, 07:17 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: just don't give them aa as traitor hop then

Traitor hop: *grab blank ID, put it in console, hit captain button, done*

My problem with this thing is simple.
While locking out someone from their department doors is fine at 1st.
It's the complications that comes with it.

Cause A: "You need to reprogram the door"
This is really hard to do and I. myself do not know how to change access without using access pro.
So it the traitor destroyed the access pro, you need the AI to open it or know how to reprogram door access, wich is very limited in expirence and knowledge in the player base.

B: "Ends chases prematurely"
One of the fun things with security and antags is the chase and run. The antagonist using whatever to shake security... where as security tries to not be taking out by the traitors tricks.
This item litterly makes one door go: "Only traitor can use it" shuts it and the chase is over.. without much of a thought.

C: "Overall nuisance"
If it's a one time use item... fine then my last points are very weak, but if not.. then C comes into play hard.
Traitor walks around as HoP and starts locking out everyone from their departments, while their agent card has full access.
Do you know how annoying it would be to fix all those doors?!
How much players cannot do their work cause the door is out?
How crazy the AI is gonna get by being stuck on door duty?
So now you have to keep doors open or use a borg/AI to open it... this kills any intrigue of the game.
It screws over other antagonists as they want to keep doors shut to do secret stuff or delay sec or helps them if they wanna rampage, cause now no one can hide.

Overall I think this item can be fun and tactical as a single use. As a single broken access door is not the end of the world. But if it's multi use? That's when it comes into problems.. Especially if it's like the Access pro where it's litterly one smack of the device.
(01-06-2023, 04:29 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 07:17 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: just don't give them aa as traitor hop then

Traitor hop: *grab blank ID, put it in console, hit captain button, done*

My problem with this thing is simple.
While locking out someone from their department doors is fine at 1st.
It's the complications that comes with it.

Cause A: "You need to reprogram the door"
This is really hard to do and I. myself do not know how to change access without using access pro.
So it the traitor destroyed the access pro, you need the AI to open it or know how to reprogram door access, wich is very limited in expirence and knowledge in the player base.

B: "Ends chases prematurely"
One of the fun things with security and antags is the chase and run. The antagonist using whatever to shake security... where as security tries to not be taking out by the traitors tricks.
This item litterly makes one door go: "Only traitor can use it" shuts it and the chase is over.. without much of a thought.

C: "Overall nuisance"
If it's a one time use item... fine then my last points are very weak, but if not.. then C comes into play hard.
Traitor walks around as HoP and starts locking out everyone from their departments, while their agent card has full access.
Do you know how annoying it would be to fix all those doors?!
How much players cannot do their work cause the door is out?
How crazy the AI is gonna get by being stuck on door duty?
So now you have to keep doors open or use a borg/AI to open it... this kills any intrigue of the game.
It screws over other antagonists as they want to keep doors shut to do secret stuff or delay sec or helps them if they wanna rampage, cause now no one can hide.

Overall I think this item can be fun and tactical as a single use. As a single broken access door is not the end of the world. But if it's multi use? That's when it comes into problems.. Especially if it's like the Access pro where it's litterly one smack of the device.
Kinda somewhat going against my own idea here but. If your arguing its a nuisance then. Access Pro does that exact same thing. A Normal Traitor HoP now can go to engineering a force it to be a AA only door or medbay. The difference being with this idea it just makes it more suitable for a traitors needs and locks everyone out. And yes the whole point is for it to allow HoP to create a base. Tho I do kinda like the idea of a single use item on this idea. The idea that its a 1TC ish item that has 1 use with all those abilties does sound interesting and somewhat make the HoP think before they use it. That would allow for it to be used thoughtfully and perhaps for it to be allowed to have the aforementioned OP ideas for it. I Do like the idea of it perhaps being a 1TC item though with single use. Nice idea
(01-06-2023, 07:30 AM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 04:29 AM)Kotlol Wrote: *SNIP*
Kinda somewhat going against my own idea here but. If your arguing its a nuisance then. Access Pro does that exact same thing. A Normal Traitor HoP now can go to engineering a force it to be a AA only door or medbay. The difference being with this idea it just makes it more suitable for a traitors needs and locks everyone out. And yes the whole point is for it to allow HoP to create a base. Tho I do kinda like the idea of a single use item on this idea. The idea that its a 1TC ish item that has 1 use with all those abilties does sound interesting and somewhat make the HoP think before they use it. That would allow for it to be used thoughtfully and perhaps for it to be allowed to have the aforementioned OP ideas for it. I Do like the idea of it perhaps being a 1TC item though with single use. Nice idea

The access Pro doesn't lock out the captain. That is litterly impossible. The traitor version does wich is why I brought up the comment.
It is true an antag HoP can do the same with the actual access pro, then destroy it with all annoyances... but now you got 1 other fix, give everyone captain access while doors are being fixed.
The traitor version is the ID that is in the slot. That ID is unqiue so it's not copyable.

Making it one time only was indeed a better idea since now the HoP can only do it limitly.

So yes. While Acces Pro can be used the same as my Hypothical "C" problem. The thing is you can print Cap IDs to counter act it, it's not perfect but it allows security and the cap to atleast go through these doors.
The traitor version sounds like locking out anyone that isn't the original ID holder. And therefore shutting down the whole station. But if it's one time use.. now the HoP has to be technical with his limited supply to build a base.
honestly I don't really see what this will do that a welding tool can't for an appropriate cost-effectiveness ratio
(01-06-2023, 12:52 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: honestly I don't really see what this will do that a welding tool can't for an appropriate cost-effectiveness ratio

OP could explain but let me.

A: No welder fuel
B: No eye sight damage
C: No welding and unwelding
D: No showing the door is welded.

Basicly put only the card of the USER gains access to that door. (AI and Borgs may still open it, but any other ID even the captain's is blocked)

1 Door permanently changed to allow 1 user only. (unless reset of course)

And no tells the door has been tampered with until someone tries to go in it with an acces level that would cause suspicision.
Syndicate Access-Pro (~3TC)

Adds syndicate-level access (like the listening post) to doors you reprogram.

Syndicate level is obtained from agent cards. Comes with an agent card.
OR/AND
Putting an ID in the device adds syndie-level access to the ID.

Gimmicky, but that's the HoP for you. Could use to facilitate a syndie-take over, make a little crime-room on station, antags-anonymous etc.
I don't think the HoP has a unique traitor item, this fits. Also probably not that hard to resprite the accesspro ('now in red!').
Syndie access is access_syndicate_shuttle for anyone interested (agent cards start with this).

~

(Does it do this already??)