Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HoP Traitor item. "Access Ultra"
(01-05-2023, 07:17 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: just don't give them aa as traitor hop then

Traitor hop: *grab blank ID, put it in console, hit captain button, done*

My problem with this thing is simple.
While locking out someone from their department doors is fine at 1st.
It's the complications that comes with it.

Cause A: "You need to reprogram the door"
This is really hard to do and I. myself do not know how to change access without using access pro.
So it the traitor destroyed the access pro, you need the AI to open it or know how to reprogram door access, wich is very limited in expirence and knowledge in the player base.

B: "Ends chases prematurely"
One of the fun things with security and antags is the chase and run. The antagonist using whatever to shake security... where as security tries to not be taking out by the traitors tricks.
This item litterly makes one door go: "Only traitor can use it" shuts it and the chase is over.. without much of a thought.

C: "Overall nuisance"
If it's a one time use item... fine then my last points are very weak, but if not.. then C comes into play hard.
Traitor walks around as HoP and starts locking out everyone from their departments, while their agent card has full access.
Do you know how annoying it would be to fix all those doors?!
How much players cannot do their work cause the door is out?
How crazy the AI is gonna get by being stuck on door duty?
So now you have to keep doors open or use a borg/AI to open it... this kills any intrigue of the game.
It screws over other antagonists as they want to keep doors shut to do secret stuff or delay secĀ or helps them if they wanna rampage, cause now no one can hide.

Overall I think this item can be fun and tactical as a single use. As a single broken access door is not the end of the world. But if it's multi use? That's when it comes into problems.. Especially if it's like the Access pro where it's litterly one smack of the device.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HoP Traitor item. "Access Ultra" - by Kotlol - 01-06-2023, 04:29 AM
RE: HoP Traitor item. "Access Ultra" - by Kotlol - 01-06-2023, 11:07 AM
RE: HoP Traitor item. "Access Ultra" - by Kotlol - 01-06-2023, 05:33 PM