Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamster wheel generator.
Yeah I'm going there. I kinda wanna code this myself but it'll take time for me to be able to, so I'm writing up my idea here in case anyone wants to make it themselves.

I love gimmick generator ideas, this one would be a one tile portable generator like the plasma one. It would just be a hamster wheel, maybe inside of a machine or surrounded in a bit of machinery, that you would be able to buckle people into. From there it could either be automatic, or they would have to manually move to generate power. Perhaps you could even put a banana on a stick on it and use NPC monkeys.

It's dumb but I think it would be a funny thing to put in your brig, or centre some gimmick around.
Monkey wheel is defintally approved.

But how would it work in function??
I am curious on your thought process so keep it informed!
My general idea is either have it be like a chair you buckle into, then moving generates the power. I dunno about this route cause I have no clue if that's possible in code or not.

My other idea is to have it be a machine you physically insert them into like a sleeper, and they get a little minigame that simulates them running. This would make it even more valuable as something to put in the brig I think.
(01-03-2023, 05:51 AM)CalliopeSoups Wrote: This would make it even more valuable as something to put in the brig I think.

Sec main approves
Conveyor Belts? Treadmill style?
mbc, one of the devs, did actually attempt this, around the time of Oshan's release I believe. The big hangup was finding a good sprite.