Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Makeshift traps
I think it would be neat to be able to construct small tripwire traps attached to slamguns or zipguns something you could slap together instead of heading to mechlab
We got that with proximity signaler assemblies iirc. Of course with guns you need the gun component, but you can use pipebombs or beaker bombs with them.

Having that said, i like to have more makeshift traps avaible for regular crew (i actually made a PR for a new trap type a few weeks ago..). Not sure if the gun component would be the right one, but it could be an idea to make more antaggy mechcomp components being able to be made with common station recources rather than being concentrated in mechlab.

Then again, you make these traps anyway when you're antag and breaking into mechlab isn't really that hard.

Another possibility would be to make signaler/ signaler assemblies be attachable on more items.
Well with bamboo you can make bamboo traps.
If anything I don't mind more sloppy made traps that can be easily overcome if you are careful.

Infact.. LET US PUT WATER BUCKETS ABOVE DOORS FOR THAT OLE PRANK!
Now fill that bucket with a chemical and they would be splashed with it.
(01-01-2023, 01:59 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Well with bamboo you can make bamboo traps.
If anything I don't mind more sloppy made traps that can be easily overcome if you are careful.

Infact.. LET US PUT WATER BUCKETS ABOVE DOORS FOR THAT OLE PRANK!

Perfection *chef kiss*
(01-01-2023, 01:59 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Well with bamboo you can make bamboo traps.

Actually we can't. The PR i made for them got closed and i need to change the theme. I think i will go with a thumbleweed-like creeper mutation.

(01-01-2023, 01:59 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Infact.. LET US PUT WATER BUCKETS ABOVE DOORS FOR THAT OLE PRANK!

Oh, that is just perfect, i love it!
Since the bucket idea is getting really liked... let's develop it more.

1st up: 
It can only be buckets, no beakers and such.
Otherwise any Joe schmoe with glass will make beakers filled with chems. You gotta make it bucket appriorate.

2nd:
Doors with buckets on them will be visually marked in someway. Since all doors have animations I suggest just the 1st frame of it open as the indication.

3rd:
Setting up the bucket will take some time and interruptions will result on the bucket dunking on you.

4th:
When you set the bucket, clicking on the door door with "HELP" will make you shimmy through the door.
When click the door with HARM, it will have the trap go off without hitting you.
Both have action bars.

5th:
You do not have to "walk" through the door to set off the trap. Anything that makes you interact with the door will make the trap hit you.
This includes "HARMING" the door with an item or "HELPING" the door with an item. Gotta do it manually.

6th:
Small fail chance of disarming the trap with HARM. Will trigger the trap anyway. Naturally any interruption to disarming or shimmying will set off the trap.

7th:
Bolted and electrified doors cannot be trapped.

8th:
When a door is bucket trapped, Borgs and AI's can trip the door from a distance still, but they cannot bolt it. Will get an ERROR MESSAGE saying: "OBJECT OBSTRUCTION"

9th:
Naturally you cannot hack bucketed doors, that will trigger the trap.

10th:
Keep debating on this.
Since this is just my idea of how it should work mechanically.
I think amylizzle was much faster... actually a whole week faster (at that point a big thank you!):

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/12499
(01-02-2023, 07:05 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I think amylizzle was much faster... actually a whole week faster (at that point a big thank you!):

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/12499

PRs are always faster then me!
More reasons to have to crawl could be nice. Duck under and slide past trip wires
(01-03-2023, 11:38 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: More reasons to have to crawl could be nice. Duck under and slide past trip wires

Cool guys(me) would slide under