Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Milkshakes for the Bar.
This is always a joke in bartending I try to pull.. and some have hilarious jokes like:
"The ice cream machine is broken."

But... in reality.. why can't we make milkshakes???
We litterly have the "tools" to do so, yet no code brings it up.

So how do I recommend making milkshakes?
Well... just use the ice cream machine, but when you insert a "glass" it will not pour ice cream but a milkshake of that flavor.
Should be easy to PR for those who know how.

And if someone is cheeky, maybe also add the old fashioned way of making a milkshake aka...
"Milk + ice cubes + whatever chem/syrup/fruit juice = Milkshake flavor" But it has to be shaken in the cocktail shaker.
Or maybe replace ice cubes with some sort of cooling element.. eitherway... it seems like an easy idea no?

After all... now the kitchen can serve:
Burgers , Fries and Milkshakes.

EDIT: For those wondering how the code would work? it would just be the ice cream code but in liquid form. I forgot to add that in my initial post.
I am pretty much suggesting to copy paste the ice cream code into a liquid, call it milkshake, add code to allow the ice cream machine to accept cups or such and then add the "milkshake" functionality to the ice cream machine.
I am not sure how hard it is to code though.
really think you should reserve any judgments on whether something will be easy or difficult to code if you don't know how to read and write code yourself
This is one of my WIPs!
(12-28-2022, 02:16 PM)jan.antilles Wrote: This is one of my WIPs!

Then I guess I'll shut up about it now.
Oh that wasn't meant as a "shut up" comment at all, just a "hey I really like this idea so much that I'm already working on it!"
Don't worry I am not saying it like you are telling me to shut up but more like "COOL! ITS BEING WORKED ON! I will shut up on it now since what is there to discuss?" :P

Keep up the good work Jan!
Need one of em pinstripe soda jerk shirts for barman
my milkshakes bring all the boys to the bar