Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Arcfiend Suggestion: Power Cells
To my knowledge, Power Cells aren't something Arcfiends can make use of. I... trust that this is as bizarre to you as it is to me.

Therefore, I have a rather sensible proposal about this: Arcfiends should be able to drain Power Cells of their charge, almost like a juicebox. Depending on how much you want to buff them, this can either destroy the power cell, or provide Arcfiends with a fairly innocent-looking means of generating charge without having to bother crew at all (which presents a unique opportunity for both malicious and pacifist arcfiends alike to get mighty powerful).

I wouldn't be surprised if this is already thought of and nobody talks about it, but I'd rather make sure it is before I leave it alone. I also wouldn't be surprised if this was suggested before- just can't find it. Feel free to delete if either of those are indeed the case.
“Hey barkeep watch me shotgun this power cell and chug it all”
bloodbag equivalent for arcfiend would be nice
...I can see one thing happening.

"Rad storm alert"
"Arcfiend finds "energy cell artifact that recharges"
"Profit"

Or even: "Goes to check locations of artifacts to find a battery artifact to infinitely drain"

You know how changelings can no longer absorb diner patrons and such? This would be the same.
It would make arcfiends just go off station to drain batteries.

While a fun idea that could have interresting pay offs.
And a fun pacifist way of arcfiends to go around drinking batteries...
I feel like this would be the same route as changelings and vamps eating NPC humanoids.

So in the end:
Personally: I want this for a fun battery hoarder arcfiend.
Overall: Do not want this as battery artifacts will be something alot of arcfiends will hunt for at the start of the round and thus will avoid touching APCs.
Also I’ve never been a fan of “pacifist” antagonists, since it goes against their whole purpose: antagonizing. Arcfiend is already boring enough as an antagonist, make more pacifistic play styles shouldn’t be included imo
(12-27-2022, 05:56 AM)Jakson Wrote: Also I’ve never been a fan of “pacifist” antagonists, since it goes against their whole purpose: antagonizing. Arcfiend is already boring enough as an antagonist, make more pacifistic play styles shouldn’t be included imo

In my opinion... Arcfiends already have amazing tools to get powers and not leave evidence.
So this battery thing can be used as a compact way to recharge if being chased, but... I see it more as a way of arcfiends just asking for charged batteries and drain em.
Similiar to the Monkey Bloodbag of vampires.
Especially when it comes to artifact batteries.
Lets not encourage more pacifist antags
Blood bags work as a mechanic for vampires because getting blood is HARD. Makes blood bags a great way to top your blood off to reach frost bats just a bit sooner. It's not hard to get power as an arcfiend, in fact it's very easy which is why it hits its power currency cap very quickly, and why the cap is there even I assume.
Just make it so it doesn't work on artcells then
(12-27-2022, 07:26 PM)mralexs Wrote: Just make it so it doesn't work on artcells then

Agreed there. But at the same time I also made aware that it will just make arcfiends produce more batteries somehow.

Arcfiends can be annoying to chase though and giving them more ways to get energy by not draining APCs off camera is now gonna be a problem too.
Minus the pacifist nature.
This is the last problem I have with the power cell idea.

Though i do want to recommend a different idea if we implement the power cell idea that I got from a shift yesterday.
"Overload circuit power"
You know how art generators can make electrified doors be LETHAL. Like turning arms into dust or people even into ash?
Why not put a super high cost power like that so the arcfiend can overload an APC, then each electrified door will do lethal damage when touched.
This will give the arcfiend a way to lethal trap players at the cost of alot of power. NOW the batteries are fine, since the overload circuit power will probably leave the arcfiend drained.