Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sitoutumaton's shack of spriting
MEGAEDIT:

This thread had content once, but then Photobucket lost relevance. I salvaged some of my work. Most of it is probably wrong by art style or represents what was trending up around the time of their making, so 2012 and afterwards.

Vampire hunter
[Image: fS5IlNS.png]
"Die monster, you do not belong in this world!"

Jackboot People
[Image: 4LdCXU9.png]
Many, many years ago when lot of immature, juveline or just downright bad content was beginning to be pruned out of Goonstation code, I protested with the common slur personified in these clothings. Now they're regrettably relevant in whole different context, and probably still verboten due to server host requirements.

Wild West
[Image: WiGGynh.png]
Featuring the Mexican peasant in scruffy all-whites, Good Guy Stetsons, Farmer Jeff and Bad Guy Bowlers. (missing item and in-hand sprites)

Armoured scuba diving suits
[Image: Ke0grHA.png]
Remember when the old forums had the contest for spriting underwater thingies? This was my entry. Replacements for spacesuits, came in heroic golden and villainous red.

MASS EFFECT
It was popular too once.
[Image: hBB60PR.png]
[Image: pd3slAz.png]
[Image: 1WQBqgs.png]
[Image: 7HNLCJi.png]
[Image: hVxyQ7g.png]
[Image: BHuzsMq.png]

Severely lacking in colour contrast.
I'm trying to see if I can get TV stuff added. There's some interest in it.
Doomguy's boots
[Image: F47wF86.png]
Once upon a time, Aphtonites had a Mars outbost server, and I made a pair of boots and Doomguy's green armor for it.

TV ads
[Image: oTP2A6Q.gif]
[Image: yHPoBfs.gif]
Gaze upon my imperfect grasp of English grammar, and work of my hands for a TV network that appeared in a different form on the station years later.

There was also an Omni-tool here that looked awful.
I am a huge jerk that likes having a vampire killer on the station for admin-fueled hijink rounds concerning vampires.

say *monologue for stuff like "DIE, MONSTER! YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!" also "YOUR WORDS ARE AS EMPTY AS YOUR SOUL! MANKIND ILL NEED A SAVIOR SUCH AS YOU!"

(christ I am a huge nerd)
Sitoutumaton Wrote:trying to sprite a 3D look in 32x32 pixels is hard.

how exactly
Splatpope Wrote:
Sitoutumaton Wrote:trying to sprite a 3D look in 32x32 pixels is hard.

how exactly
3D itself is not bad but trying to draw partly transparent objects on top of each other while trying to maintain the simplistic style SS13 has...yeah, it gets tricky.
The omni-tool looks kinda vulgar.
Sitoutumaton Wrote:TV studio items
[Image: TVtavara.png]
[Image: animoituTVkamera.gif]
I once suggested the station to have its own TV station for shenanigans with a studio. The clown and assistants could have made a program in the studio, or go out with the microphone and portable camera for at-scene reports. Never implemented.

TV ads
[Image: kokomainos.gif]
[Image: kokomainos2.gif]
These would have played on the NanoTrasen TV when it was not tuned to the assistant-run TV station. Stupid program I used for these made exceptionally awful work. (If you know any decent GIF programs I'll take any help I can get) Also photobucket shrunk the second gif, hence why it looks shit Some kind of zombie chewing tobacco and crying I g

okay I guess I forgot about this thread for three years but the TV idea was still in the back of my mind, so TV cameras are on cogmap2. Video / ad GIFs could probably be viable with resource streaming.
Man, seeing mountain poo really brings back the memories.
I have uploaded some pictures to Imgur now to allow them to be witnessed again.
Regrettably relevant in a whole different context is right. But I don't think any of us could have predicted it happening quite this way, so.

Unrelatedly I really wish I knew what other ideas for TV Cogwerks had. WHY DID YOU LEAVE US, COGWERKS, WHYYYYYY aside from the whole having an actual life and being very busy in it but still whyyyyyy