Mentor Application - Frebecca Frost
Usual character name: Rebecca Frost / R.3.B / O.V.3.R.W.A.T.C.H vx.x
BYOND username: zcrow
Discord username (if you are on our discord): scrcro#5745
Recommended by (if applicable): Lucky.Cobra (Tavish Finnegan)
Goon servers you play: Goon 1 Heisenbee

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
Having played on Goon since 2019 and having had the benefit of learning how to play and understand the myriad of systems and ways of doing things from some exceptionally friendly and helpful people, I’d like the opportunity to pay that back to the community in a more official capacity.

In the years I’ve played, I’ve extensively covered almost every role in detail. Engineering, Medical, Security, Science and Cyborg/AI. No-one knows everything, and I still learn new things about the game and its mechanics every day. I strongly believe that sharing knowledge equitably improves not just the experience of one player, but the Goonstation community as a whole. I always aim to maintain a helpful attitude to players wanting to learn a new role or gameplay mechanic, regardless of their experience or previous interactions - good and bad. The new player experience is intimidating in a way that’s hard to compare. I pride myself in being able to be taught something once, and remembering it and want to be able to teach others in the same way.

In my eyes, a mentor isn’t just a source of knowledge and assistance - they are an ambassador to the community of the values and behavior fostered by the administration and leadership team. A mentor should be a player you look up to that demonstrates the kind of gameplay and attitude that treats everyone with respect and fairness. As such, I strive to respond to events in-game, and post-game in as constructive and reasonable a way as possible. Anyone can lose their temper or get a little heated over something that ticked them off in game. As a mentor, and an example to the community, I feel its important to remain calm and not take things personally, whilst encouraging those who feel mistreated to explore those feelings and reasons, perhaps learning from the experience and becoming a better player in future. 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
No bans that I know of. I was admin messaged a handful of times when I started playing for misunderstanding rules.
they teached me stuff before and are good at it, i think they would be a good mentor and see no reason that could make em a bad mentor in any way so i think they have potential +1
Rebecca has been here longer than me and taught me a few things when I was starting out I have never seen them do things that would make me think they are unsuited for a mentor role and they are very patient and helpful. +1
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-07-04. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and welcoming member of the community!