Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Android Species trait
New android species that have different colored blood(i was thinking blue but hemolymph exists) and access to light green skin colors any other ideas very welcome
(12-22-2022, 07:46 PM)NanoDano Wrote: New android species that have different colored blood(i was thinking blue but hemolymph exists) and access to light green skin colors any other ideas very welcome

Androids are silicon based life form. The term of an android is a robot that is very humanoid.

How is it different from Cyborgs? Cause they are purely robotic.

What's their traits?
What kind of mechanics do they have?
Why do we have them?
Are they stuck to the law rack?
Do they get paid?
Do they need to eat, clean and drink?

This is just so far a minor concept for just funny blood and more skin colors.

You can also just replace this concept with "mutant human" or "hulkling" or "orc"
But right now... this isn't even a barebones design.
I just wanted to make a character that would be an android and spawn with a different color set every round, kinda like detroit become human where multiple androids can look the same with different hairstyles etc. Also I dont think its a requirement for a species to have a bunch of different quirks, just some different skin and blood colors for roleplaying, other than that it would be the same as a regular person unless someone has any ideas
I recommend looking up the "SLUG-PERSON" suggestion/PR a while ago.
It should show what you want out of a species, but right now... it feels kinda pointless...

Let alone each "mutant species" can be unlocked in genetics or removed in genetics.
How does one remove Android?
It just sounds like a borg but with human functions as you describe it.

So let me add some concepts to make it better then: "Human with different colors, hair and blood"

"Android concept"

Features:
- Cannot mutate (no genetics)
- Has no "law rack" and is stuck on asimov laws (unless Emagged or infected by a virus)
- Must be repaired in a borg charging station.
- Doesn't have a battery, must consume food or drinks to keep functionality.
- Cannot be cloned.
- Does a brain unit. Can be removed for dismantling the android.
- Cannot train.
- Does not recieve food buffs.
- Is immune to chemicals
- Does not breath
- Does take radiation damage, but it will be seen as heat damage.
- Takes cold and heat damage. So wear a suit.
- Takes additional burn damage from eletrical shocks.

...Thats a better concept start, but I honestly doubt we will get it. It might just be nicer to ask for mutations that change your blood color and hair color and skin color and such.
Like "BLUE BLOOD" ...Nope you aren't royal, your blood is just filled with mercury, drink more and turn blue! Damn your mercury drinking ancestors!
humans with an unnatural skin tone and different colored blood could really work I think, but you should give them something to stand out, like orange-yellow horns that can come in all sorts of shapes
(12-23-2022, 03:57 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: humans with an unnatural skin tone and different colored blood could really work I think, but you should give them something to stand out, like orange-yellow horns that can come in all sorts of shapes

oh dear god no
i like the idea of 'human but not' since there's not a lot of choice if you're not down with the furry aesthetic (i do not mean it in a derogatory sense but purely from a 'this is an animal race') besides skeletons
flashy as a mutant race...
I actually really like kotlols idea of having them be unable to mutate, I never like it when I get hit by rads and it changes my characters look
(12-28-2022, 07:23 AM)NanoDano Wrote: I actually really like kotlols idea of having them be unable to mutate, I never like it when I get hit by rads and it changes my characters look

It's both a blessing and a curse.
Since alot of good mutations cannot be added.
No Xray, lazer eyes and such.

While they get no breathing and chemical immunity. (cause no organs needed)

Their whole weakness base would be in concept based on "They can't improve"
They would be stuck to human mundanity. So no chem buffs, no food buffs, no mutation buffs.
But at the same time no draw backs either.

With their main weakness being shocks and stun stuff. Wich sec uses alot.
And easier to make an antagonist and used in antagonist schemes.

But when they are not.. they are the most "boring" and "safe" way to play as a normal worker.
That is my concept for in mind.
Plus the whole skin and blood thing.

So gameplay wise.. they are ment to be a boring cyborg who has human capabilities, needs to eat and drink to survive, but can't get upgrades as neither a borg or human.

While the concept to me is neat... I honestly doubt someone wants to code this.
(12-28-2022, 08:10 AM)Kotlol Wrote: While the concept to me is neat... I honestly doubt someone wants to code this.

As far as i know, i think i recall people saying on the discord that mutant species code is in dire need of a rework that would get more complicated if people would pile new species on top of it.
Thank youu @lord_earthfire, this is something I heard ALOT!