Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
The way msg is positioned in the game right now kinda sucks
The negative perceptions around msg in the west are quite infused with sinophobic sentiment. It's fairly gross given that context that in-game it's functionally a poison that induces headaches, mostly found in the vendor garbage meals. In real life it's actually about harmless when people study it.

Goon can do better than reflecting that shit. I don't have anything specific to suggest for remedying this as I've been fairly absent, but there's a bunch of ways you could go about it.
a lot of the stuff that sits in discount dans was created to be fast food garbage which is probably why the side effects are quite as common/severe as they are.

overall though i wouldn't be against adding a real recipe for MSG and using it as a rarer buff substance for foods. maybe remove/tone down the 'this tastes amazing' from cooked, unseasoned food and emphasize seasoning a bit more.
yeah msgs been in the game forever, you can just make a pr changing how it works and im sure it'd be fine

might be cool if it was able to be made and made any cooked food safe to eat? you know like how undercooking it makes you vomit