Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackrayJack and Bubs, LLJK#2, January 9th
i'd only be wishing for pain on my fellow man if I WANTED to be able to say words that would hurt them or something which is a weird argument, and also is your argument one of semantics? did you adminhelp over something that is so silly and pointless that it wouldn't actually offend anyone in any way except on principle, or did you feel offended as a straight man?
Clarks, if you have an issue with the treatment of language on Goon's station, please take it up in one of several places devoted to this subject:
  • not this thread

BlackPhoenix Wrote:I have read his, and if I missed the point, then explain it. I have yet to be told why it's okay to have a double standard and say that "It isn't okay to make fun of gay people because it's an inborn trait, it's not something they can control", but then turn around and say "It's okay to make jokes about straight people, it's not like it's an inborn trait that they can't control".

Are you serious dude I literally explained why "making fun of someone because they are gay" and "making fun of someone because they are straight" are two entirely different things

I may have done it more than once. Do you have a reading comprehension issue, are you not getting one or more of the core concepts here, or are you just trying to make me mad
Bubs, you're arguing that it's okay to make jokes at straight people's sexuality because they haven't been abused, and so abusing them some is okay.

Atomic, you've yet to explain the difference other than to say "It's different because homosexual people have been abused", and again, that doesn't mean it's okay.

I got that he was being ironic, but I adminhelped because, like Heiraphont said, you two are basically backlashing against straight people who aren't bigots because some are. You're saying that it's okay to poke fun at straight people and make jokes about it just because other straight people are massive assholes.
I DON'T WANT TO POST HERE ANYMORE APPARENTLY
yes.

you're comparing the abuse of gay people, some of whom have been murdered mind you, to this silly joke.
die het scum
[Image: tumblr_m6hs3yb5WU1qgzr5c.gif]
bubs Wrote:yes.

you're comparing the abuse of gay people, some of whom have been murdered mind you, to this silly joke.
It is a silly joke, but if somebody said "Gay people are the reason for the lag" they would be immediately warned, if not temp or perma banned. In the case of a perma, they'd be told to appeal it, but again, it's a double standard. It becomes not a silly joke anymore because it's about gay people. It works that way, in your mind, because gay people have faced abuse, so it isn't okay to make jokes in the exact same way about them. That logic doesn't work out. I've never murdered a gay person. I've never bullied somebody for being gay. I play D&D on a weekly basis with a gay guy named Bill, we're friends. That doesn't make it okay for me to say "Gay people are the reason for lag, jk irony", no, I'm not arguing it does. I'm saying that your argument is "Some straight people are assholes, so we should be allowed to make generalized jokes about straight people, but THEY CAN'T MAKE THEM ABOUT US BECAUSE IT'S WRONG". It's wrong in both cases.
[Image: YYErdrf.jpg]
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Bubs, you're arguing that it's okay to make jokes at straight people's sexuality because they haven't been abused, and so abusing them some is okay.

I think the joke itself is not abuse, the "abuse" is when it's targeted at a demographic that is already being abused. If you get my meaning!

But really, the world we live in has quite enough political correctness already. let's not make it even more unnecessarily complicated and asinine by pretending to be offended by things that don't offend anyone of sound mind.
[Image: Afs7u1i.jpg]
[Image: 0SY7m4o.jpg]
Embolism Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Bubs, you're arguing that it's okay to make jokes at straight people's sexuality because they haven't been abused, and so abusing them some is okay.

I think the joke itself is not abuse, the "abuse" is when it's targeted at a demographic that is already being abused. If you get my meaning!

But really, the world we live in has quite enough political correctness already. let's not make it even more unnecessarily complicated and asinine by pretending to be offended by things that don't offend anyone of sound mind.
I'm saying that it shouldn't be okay to make ironic jokes that will not only lead to assholes breaking the rules that the admins actually choose to enforce, but are also literally the same aside from the target as the jokes that get people banned, just because "It wasn't -intended- as hate". People here argue "I didn't -intend- it as hate when I called him "Nigger", it means "Friend"!" and get told to fuck off forever.

Again, why is it okay for people to peanut post in this topic, but not okay any other time?
[Image: H5m2UDt.jpg]
[Image: 3916366c4c00921848ccea0abdf64a51.gif]