Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackrayJack and Bubs, LLJK#2, January 9th
need a ref here he's down and out
Anybody?
*a tumbleweed blows through the thread. the argument is irrelevant, boring, and with a subtle yet detectable hint of offensiveness, and nobody is watching. there is no ring, there is only the one boxer, yelling at the sky and holding a rope. he is the only one here.*
atomicthumbs Wrote:her eis my finishing move. Here it comes... wait for it ....

are you saying that it would be wrong for a Polish Jew to make a joke about his or her captors using a German stereotype? are you? you are
Please tell me how choosing to follow the Nazi regime is an inborn choice? Or are you saying that they should be allowed to use stereotypes about german people, so long as they're directing them at Nazis? If so, I'd like to point out that firstly, I seriously doubt anyone who plays on our servers has -ever- commited anything near the atrocities that Nazis committed towards the Polish Jews. Secondly, I -still- don't think that making a broad statement like "Yeah this Nazi is German so all German people (insert German stereotype here)" is okay. This is because you're not -just- directing it at that Nazi german. You are saying that "All German people (Stereotype again, I genuinely don't know one.)" because that one Nazi is an evil, cruel, awful person. That isn't okay.
And the self-congratulatory shitposting is childish too.
This is the straightest thread ive seen. Calling it.
wallrus Wrote:This is the straightest thread ive seen. Calling it.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2070
BlackPhoenix Wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2070
Nah, I don't think that one is straighter.
AngriestIBM Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2070
Nah, I don't think that one is straighter.
That'd be the one about not posting your opinions of somebody else's admin appeal if you weren't part of the event in question. If you're only going to enforce the rule when you like to, why have it at all?
BlackPhoenix Wrote:

are you saying that it would be wrong for a Polish Jew to make a joke about his or her captors using a German stereotype? are you? you are
Please tell me how choosing to follow the Nazi regime is an inborn choice? Or are you saying that they should be allowed to use stereotypes about german people, so long as they're directing them at Nazis? If so, I'd like to point out that firstly, I seriously doubt anyone who plays on our servers has -ever- commited anything near the atrocities that Nazis committed towards the Polish Jews. Secondly, I -still- don't think that making a broad statement like "Yeah this Nazi is German so all German people (insert German stereotype here)" is okay. This is because you're not -just- directing it at that Nazi german. You are saying that "All German people (Stereotype again, I genuinely don't know one.)" because that one Nazi is an evil, cruel, awful person. That isn't okay.

If the point, in this case, were a Native American arrowhead resting where it fell during a hunt - lodged in a furrow in land controlled by the Iroquois Confederacy on Michigan's lower peninsula, where it would not be recovered and reused, you are doing the metaphorical equivalent of searching for it in the back seat crevices of an old Belgian's Škoda
atomicthumbs Wrote:Black phoenix i have been pummeling jerks like you online for years -- Don't even try this bull shit

Remember a couple of years ago, when rounds started with Vox looping "gay black ass". When it was okay to call people fags? Finally someone woke up, and decided people should get warned/banned for that.
Now people have replaced "fag", the new casual insult are "cunt" and "bitch", and nobody gives a shit. They are both horrible words -at least in this dumb game's context- but admins don't give a shit.

atomicthumbs Wrote:You don't seem to get that there is an inherent difference between making a joke at someone's expense because they're gay and making a joke at someone's "expense" because they're straight
So, why are racial and sexual slurs not okay, while misogyny is tolerated? What's the inherent difference that makes it ok to compare a woman to a rabid dog or to her sexual organ.

The rules for speech are quite arbitrary, if you come to irc they are even more lax; and they are pretty flexible depending on who says what. At least half the reason some slurs are bannable grounds is not to get this kind of argument over and over. And to pretend we are more mature than children who need to throw dirty words around.
Blackphoenix got overly upset over a stupid joke, but you lot don't sound smarter or even funny.
atomicthumbs Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:

If the point, in this case, were a Native American arrowhead resting where it fell during a hunt - lodged in a furrow in land controlled by the Iroquois Confederacy on Michigan's lower peninsula, where it would not be recovered and reused, you are doing the metaphorical equivalent of searching for it in the back seat crevices of an old Belgian's Škoda

(also please read and consider bubs' arguments, which are good; I am not sure you have done it)
I have read his, and if I missed the point, then explain it. I have yet to be told why it's okay to have a double standard and say that "It isn't okay to make fun of gay people because it's an inborn trait, it's not something they can control", but then turn around and say "It's okay to make jokes about straight people, it's not like it's an inborn trait that they can't control".
Clarks Wrote:
atomicthumbs Wrote:Black phoenix i have been pummeling jerks like you online for years -- Don't even try this bull shit

Remember a couple of years ago, when rounds started with Vox looping "gay black ass". When it was okay to call people fags? Finally someone woke up, and decided people should get warned/banned for that.
Now people have replaced "fag", the new casual insult are "cunt" and "bitch", and nobody gives a shit. They are both horrible words -at least in this dumb game's context- but admins don't give a shit.

atomicthumbs Wrote:You don't seem to get that there is an inherent difference between making a joke at someone's expense because they're gay and making a joke at someone's "expense" because they're straight
So, why are racial and sexual slurs not okay, while misogyny is tolerated? What's the inherent difference that makes it ok to compare a woman to a rabid dog or to her sexual organ.

The rules for speech are quite arbitrary, if you come to irc they are even more lax; and they are pretty flexible depending on who says what. At least half the reason some slurs are bannable grounds is not to get this kind of argument over and over. And to pretend we are more mature than children who need to throw dirty words around.
Blackphoenix got overly upset over a stupid joke, but you lot don't sound smarter or even funny.
I appreciate the comments dude, but again, it's peanut posting.
Because gay people get beat up and threatened and murdered and bullied for being gay every day and have forever and straight people never have and never will.

Also we don't allow misogyny what
bubs Wrote:Because gay people get beat up and threatened and murdered and bullied for being gay every day and have forever and straight people never have and never will.

Also we don't allow misogyny what
I'm assuming he meant using "Bitch" and "Cunt", but I'm not sure.

As for the first statement, that's the equivalent of saying that if you had to go through something, everybody else should have to go through at least -some- negatives, because it's "Fair". That is a really, really horrible way to look at the world, because wishing pain on your fellow man just because you had it is stupid. No, I'm not saying that making jokes ironically about straight people being the cause of lag is anywhere near the same as a gay man being beaten or bullied or killed or any other negative. I'm saying that neither is okay, because they're both based on an inborn trait that the person cannot and should not be told to want to change.