Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Let security summon the nanomed
security officers are typically first to the scene of a murder or assault, so why not let them summon the nanomed so they can heal anyone hurt in the event?
Nope. That sorta eliminates the need for med. I hate 'medical security' to begin with. We're allready tuff
No
Security still sometimes have 1st aid kits. And I am sorta "fine" with that.

But if anything... we just need EMT doctors more.
Aka Medical Doctor players who roam or are at checkpoints.

The only thing I think security needs from medical is a way to alert them to where in the station medical is needed.
If you really want to be a lame turbonerd you can purchase a medical PDA, register your ID on it, and filesend the nanomed file to yourself on your original PDA.

However that’s lame af
(12-19-2022, 04:31 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Security still sometimes have 1st aid kits. And I am sorta "fine" with that.

But if anything... we just need EMT doctors more.
Aka Medical Doctor players who roam or are at checkpoints.

The only thing I think security needs from medical is a way to alert them to where in the station medical is needed
i typically carry around a medkit of atropine and epi injectors to stablize crit people

i wasnt thinking about the meta implications of this i just wanted to heal people i swear!
then play doctor lol

or take the time to buy a medical cardtrige and save to your pda
(12-18-2022, 11:38 PM)NanoDano Wrote: security officers are typically first to the scene of a murder or assault, so why not let them summon the nanomed so they can heal anyone hurt in the event?

Medkits were removed from security for exactly this reason, Security gets on scene first, or is the person injured, and thus any injures are now no longer a problem.
Medical heals people, Security can call, or bring people to medical, its not your job to patch up a person. Hard no.

(PS, there is almost nothing stopping you from either A. Getting the AI to send you the Nanomed program onto your PDA at the start of the shfit or B. Grabbing a MedU.PAK to put into your PDA and copy the file to you anyways. Go ahead, be a power nerd on Security, we love that.)
i think a medical alert button for security to use for an injured/dying suspect that isn't "WEE WOO WEE WOO MEDICAL EMERGENCY AT X LOCATION!!!!" that doesn't make a bunch of alarmed doctors sprint out to said location would be useful. or maybe like a code system. i'm going to make a separate thread for this
(12-21-2022, 04:02 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: i think a medical alert button for security to use for an injured/dying suspect that isn't "WEE WOO WEE WOO MEDICAL EMERGENCY AT X LOCATION!!!!" that doesn't make a bunch of alarmed doctors sprint out to said location would be useful. or maybe like a code system. i'm going to make a separate thread for this

I think this is probably best. This way Security can just be security and not have to involve in 1st aid. Maybe some minor stablizing at best, but leave the rest to medbay.
Sec already self-treats and treats others a fair bit, and I feel that this can be frustrating for those playing doctor. When I play doctor I do not want an officer is crit trying to treat themselves, I want them to leave it to doctors. I feel the solution to this would be encouraging doctors to be less stationary/having sec call doctors when needed.
Perhaps there could be a sec version that only has supplies to stabilize someone or keep them alive long enough for doctors to arrive?
I wouldn't mind security being supplied Atropine or Epi pens, but any more than that is going away from "helping to keep someone in the game" to "eliminating the need for an entire job".
(12-22-2022, 07:46 PM)Technature Wrote: I wouldn't mind security being supplied Atropine or Epi pens, but any more than that is going away from "helping to keep someone in the game" to "eliminating the need for an entire job".

That would be perfect, I already carry atropine and epi just so I can heal someone enough so they can walk
Security should not get atropine because they will use it offensively (nasty misstep), and they already have access to epinephrine through donuts.