Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A simple (?) suggestion regarding the Reagent Extractor
(12-19-2022, 04:41 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Basicly put it's clunky cause Botany ain't suppose to be chemistry.

There is in total 3 places where you can work on chemistry.
"The Bar/kitchen"
"Medbay's Chemistry" (I forgot the name)
"Science's Chemistry"

If botany gets chemistry... we might as well give ENGINEERING chemistry and SECURITY chemistry.
Cause Security needs it to investigate chemical compounds, make luminol and make tear gas.
Engineering needs it, because at this point every place needs chemistry.

So no.. there are ENOUGH places to request chemistry/request access to.

Cause I KNOW what will happen if botany gets their perfect chemistry set and it won't be fun.
If you need chems or chems seperation.. go to any of these 3 places.
I was not aware that there was any better way of separating chems from mixes. The more you know, I guess! (Now there's even more reason for me to bug the bartender for access besides the free ammonia.)

Still, not adding in better functionality for the reagent extractor doesn't stop a botanist from mixing up nasty chem mixes if they want to. (A napalm goo + phlogiston + CLF3 mix that you can splash on people is something botanists can make in houseĀ as is.) It just means that you waste less chems if you want to isolate helpful (or harmful) pure chems for the station from your plants.

But if y'all think it's a bad idea, then that's alright. It's not a dealbreaker for me either way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A simple (?) suggestion regarding the Reagent Extractor - by RelentlessGarbage - 12-19-2022, 06:47 AM