Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maneaters
Maneaters are pretty fun, but easy to destroy if a guy pulls the maneater target around and hits the plant while it restarts the eating action.
If hitting a maneater while it is trying to swallow another guy had a chance to make the maneater instantly switch target to the attacker, taking a plant down would be slightly harder and require more cooperation.

Another issue is with groups of critters all attacking the same person. When a botanist grows four or five, maneaters should be more dangerous while they stick together. If a maneater could to recognize that another plant is already attacking a player and attempt to take down a different one nearby, players would have to split the group or get more people to help.

Right now maneaters are a very trivial challenge unless you're new or alone.
I put a bunch of crowd-control stuff into wendigos when I wrote their attack overrides awhile ago, I probably ought to just move that stuff up to the higher critter level so all critters react to whoever is beating on them. Currently wendigos have a chance to immediately strike back when someone other than their current target attacks them, before any other attack or chasing procs finish, and a probability roll as to whether or not they should switch targets to their attacker. That's just a chance, to keep them from switching targets on every hit and never accomplishing anything.