Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Access Door for the Law Rack
The proposed change would add a door that covers the rack. This was suggested before but I've had a long time to think on it.

It would be a spring lock pannel that required a crowbar to open. It could automatically snap shut after 45/60 seconds. 

It would take a small time(slightly less then welding a door) to open

This would make it so command or the detective could not just glance in to see if the laws where fine.

It would also require checking the law to be a faaaar more dangerous,  and tense, moment. Walking in and slowly prying it open. Trusting the ai isnt about to bolt and turn on lethals.

This would make it trickeier to rogue, yes. It'd also make ot much harder to counter.

I think this would add alot of dynamism to the current rogue ai meta
+1 it should be dangerous to check what laws the current AI has
insted of necroing that topic you post it again. Still support it.
not really a fan of this idea, cams in the upload chamber were already altered for more privacy of laws. not only is it hard enough for antags to step on classic, but on the opposite end, trying to unrogue the ai when they have dedicated borgs rwalling/plasma firing the rack is painful. the extra layer of action bar simulator doesn't sound like it adds anything but a headache

i get the point is to make it harder, but it doesnt.. really need to be? again, the cameras were changed so that you have to physically go to the upload to see if a rogue law has been added. making it harder to unrogue just makes people more inclined to murder the nearest silicon to not have to deal with it
I wasn't meaning to necro. More this was an observation on classic and rp.

The only change that the camera's being cut is the hos/captain/some command/det's scuttle bot peeps in, looks at the laws, then peeps out.

I've seen alot of dets just scuttle on over to it on a table or w/e and glance.

I feel giving there a close' period is still an element of change for the roguer and derouger alike. In both cases it would make it more difficult, and promote what should be a fairly major operation becoming that much more of a riskl/vs reward for both sides.

of course I could also see it causing more silicon violence. But if the silicon the second they get any kinda evil law being so obvious an outwardly evil that people just go srtraight to killing them is kinda also on the silicon. Escalation is a thing.