Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Surgey
Karakoran Wrote:Seems more like people would just never, ever be able to get limbs re-attached or have surgery performed. Suddenly an inactive medical means you'll bleed out the whole round, or worse you'll get cut open and left to die.
Or you could say that an active medical becomes that much more important. And important jobs gets filled by people who like doing important things. Or fun things, because surgery is fun.
Plus if doctors are gone you can just grab any do gooder from the hallways. Surgery isn't that complicated. Any assistant would love the chance to prove they're not just there to screw up peoples rounds and actually help.
And being cut open and left to die is just funny.(but also against the rules if done intentionally when not a traitor)
Karakoran Wrote:Seems more like people would just never, ever be able to get limbs re-attached or have surgery performed. Suddenly an inactive medical means you'll bleed out the whole round, or worse you'll get cut open and left to die.

Well everyone can do surgery, so it's not like an unwilling medical staff is going to leave you without limbs the whole round. The dynamic of whether or not the doctor is going to kill you while you're under would be a good one IMO, since it allows traitor doctors more options of fun murder, and would add more tension than there already is to loosing a limb. A good tactic of murder would be to PDA bomb someone important, wait for them to limp in requesting their limbs reattached, and then finish them off quickly and quietly while they doze.
I think most players ignore job limits as a restraint of access rather than actual skill.

When surgery still in it's infancy I spend one round removing bullets out of dudes as an staff assistant because the doctors that were there weren't familiar with the medical system. Surgery right now is one of the easiest mechanics to learn.

Memorising all the drugs is probably more difficult then surgery right now, and even Genetics handles mutation problems sometimes, roboticists can do surgery sometimes, and most of the drugs aren't really used unless there's a smart doctor and a real emergancy since most of the current injuries consist of "Got shot", "Got set on fire" or "Got beat up in some way"

I don't think I've ever done anything about radiation damage short of drag guy to genetics and ask for pill.

I don't even think I've ever used calomel for anything as of late.

I don't really play doctor all that much either though.