Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Deadman Switch Vest
Basically, assemble a suicide bomb vest, except that instead of an igniter followed by a bomb, you use a remote signaler and it sends a signal when you die. So kind of a remote suicide bomb vest.
Wouldn't this be what micro bomb implants are for?
I thought we had a bomb vest already?
Yea there is a suicide vest already. I've never used it as a traitor but it seems like it would be cool for hostage taking. If you use this as a vigilante though you can go fuck yourself.
This is a thing, but it's really broken since it doesn't actually explode with the user and instead becomes invisible. You can right click and pick it up and wear it even though it does nothing.

But I get what you're proposing. Instead of it exploding on death it sends a signal to a remote signaler. It would allow you to set off remote bombs if you're killed which is actually pretty neat. "If you kill me, your precious owlry will die with me!"
OK I just reread OP's post, and yes I would definitely support this. This would be WAY more useful and cool since you could make threats and the other crew members wouldn't know where the bomb is, making this really good for traitor terrorism. Make the signal go off when the vest is taken off too. This would be good because A) you wouldn't just get flashed and stripped immediately, and B) The only way to diffuse the explosive would be to find the bomb and disassemble it.
If this gets added, can we also update beaker bombs so they'll accept signaler/igniter combos too? So you have your choice of nuking the station, or nerve-gassing the entire thing. Also, this should either be a bright red obvious harness with a big, obvious button, or a button that you actually have to actually hold in your hand and activate, which trips if it leaves your hand in any way.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:If this gets added, can we also update beaker bombs so they'll accept signaler/igniter combos too? So you have your choice of nuking the station, or nerve-gassing the entire thing. Also, this should either be a bright red obvious harness with a big, obvious button, or a button that you actually have to actually hold in your hand and activate, which trips if it leaves your hand in any way.

Well the downside of this is that people can use it to be shitty suicide bombers since they can fit the assembly into their backpack. So the moment people hear about a changeling or vampire they load up on a napalm mix to kill the guy eating them. That would suck.

Tank transfer valves can't be concealed on your person so, either the deadman switch holder is holding it (very obvious) or has hidden it away somewhere (so it isn't specifically directed at whoever killed you). So I like that.
mozi Wrote:Well the downside of this is that people can use it to be shitty suicide bombers since they can fit the assembly into their backpack. So the moment people hear about a changeling or vampire they load up on a napalm mix to kill the guy eating them. That would suck.

There's already someone that is infamous for doing this and being really lame with it. But yea if you could load up even more beakers into your backpack it would be 10x worse.
mozi Wrote:Well the downside of this is that people can use it to be shitty suicide bombers since they can fit the assembly into their backpack. So the moment people hear about a changeling or vampire they load up on a napalm mix to kill the guy eating them. That would suck.

Tank transfer valves can't be concealed on your person so, either the deadman switch holder is holding it (very obvious) or has hidden it away somewhere (so it isn't specifically directed at whoever killed you). So I like that.

Ahh, I see the problem here. I misread the initial post, I thought it was suggested as a traitor item. In which case, you can already inject yourself with ten microbombs, and go find a changeling to eat you, so there wouldn't be much difference.

If it is implemented as an actual assembly, I can see how that might be a bit overpowered. If it is a traitor item, though, I think it would only be fair to let it work on beaker bombs as well.
I think most traitors would go for the easy weaponry.

I don't think I've seen many traitors start mass producing flamethrowers or zip guns, short of one round where a gang member turned a fire extinguisher into a deadly weapon with black powder and other things iirc.