Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cleanbot QoL Changes
+ Cleaning up ants
+ Wiping down dirty walls
+ The ability to clean under adjacent tiles that have things on them. It's especially noticeable in cloning when a cleanbot will clean everything but under the tube as it just piles on gibs.

Any more ideas or criticisms, please leave'em in the comments. Thanks!
I would be agaibst cleaning up walls. As a botanist i try tp run aroubd to pick up some space fungus. Cleanbots cleaning up the fugus would be hella annoying.

A thing i would also add to the list is cleanbots Ignoring chicken feed. I had on multiple rounds a cleanbot sitting besides the ranch glaring jealously at my chicken's food.
I was mostly thinking of cleaning blood but it would be obnoxious cleaning up fungus for sure. If it could not target chicken feed or wall fungus, we'd be in business.
I feel like the bots' singleminded lunacy in doing what they were designed for and damn the consequences is kind of their thing.  A cleanbot that didn't clean up messes you didn't want cleaned would just be... wrong.
(12-15-2022, 06:16 AM)Mouse Wrote: I feel like the bots' singleminded lunacy in doing what they were designed for and damn the consequences is kind of their thing.  A cleanbot that didn't clean up messes you didn't want cleaned would just be... wrong.

Some Janitors do this too. Even when I as security shout: "HEY I AM INVESTIGATING THAT BLOOD!"
Cleaning up puddles before footsteps. Cause the puddle keeps creating more footsteps!
(12-15-2022, 06:16 AM)Mouse Wrote: I feel like the bots' singleminded lunacy in doing what they were designed for and damn the consequences is kind of their thing.  A cleanbot that didn't clean up messes you didn't want cleaned would just be... wrong.

This is certainly a good point. And it fits quite in style to NT and the "it's mostly working" mentality.
(12-15-2022, 02:54 PM)TheMaskedMan2 Wrote: Cleaning up puddles before footsteps. Cause the puddle keeps creating more footsteps!

1000000000% this