Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Stop sleeper stasis forcing unconsciousness
Right now, any new medical staff can overestimate the strength of the sleeper and put someone in there for as long as you can brig someone.

This, combined with overzealous doctors keen to "fix your nicotine addiction" results in them regularly attempting to cram me into a sleeper against my will for my mandated 5 minute sleep sentence. 

Sleepers should be occupant-cancelable, especially considering how newbie doctors don't think twice about leaving you in one while you're in deep crit for 10 minutes.
+1 idea ive been trapped in sleepers before for not super serious afflictions so it could be a nice change
If it's busy and you are in crit, I put you into cryo. Much faster.

But I thought the sleeper had a 2 minute limit originally?
Just put the two minute limit back on.
And also disallow crit players to be put to sleep.
Reason being: "Patient in critical condition, sleep function disabled"
the point is not the limit, it's the fact i dont want to have to actually fistfight doofus mcgee the first time MD to stop spending X minutes in black-screen mode
the port a med acts like a better port a brig cause of this lmao so yea is kinda dumb
(12-08-2022, 06:26 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: the point is not the limit, it's the fact i dont want to have to actually fistfight doofus mcgee the first time MD to stop spending X minutes in black-screen mode

Well then remove the sleepers auto-injectors and have players only add chemicals MANUALLY via beakers.
Port-a-medbay keeps it and there will be chem bottles in each escape shuttle from now on to do it in those sleepers.

PROBLEM SOLVED NO? If it's not automated people won't put you in there.
Also if you flip in a sleeper it breaks open.
I've never run into any cases of people abusing this, I've seen it only used for mild amounts of crime, the only people who would use it consistently are people who know what it does, and if they know what is does, then they know that they're locking you inside for 5 minutes, and at that point it sounds more of an ahelp issue at the point.
Sleepers are fairly annoying. I've never had some of the experiences mentioned in this thread, but I can definitely sympathize with suffering from withdrawal which is incredibly annoying so you go in the sleeper, doctor has no way of knowing how long to put you in and just sets it to 2 or 3 minutes, the effect is cured and you still got a minute or minute thirty to stare at a dark screen and wait.

Maybe sleepers could recommend a minimum time to sleep for various cure-by-sleeper effects, somehow?
i dont really care for the timescales at all or the chemicals, the only problem i have is that the doctor presses the night-night button, then you are unconscious and cannot do anything for a time based on how malicious/incompetent the doctor is, even if you didn't want the treatment.

being able to cancel the timer by struggling while asleep is probably a smarter solution
Sleepers should have a cooldown and lower maximum sleep timer
If you're going to nerf it, change how the sleeper units on the shuttle work then. Because if you can't force unconcious state on folks, you can instant jump in and out of sleepers.

When you need to shuttle hijack and doofus mcgee super speeds in and out before a baton can go off it gets kinda annoying. Better to set the sleepers, then eject them and kill them.

Otherwise I agree entirely, weird you can just get flung into one of them and just set into a coma for x minutes.
I feel like this is more a doctor problem than a machine problem.

When I played Doctor and I came across someone with an addiction, I would tell them my intention and, beyond attempted persuasion of their opinion, would let them leave if they didn't want to go in one. If someone is going to force you to do something you don't want to do, I feel it's reasonable to retaliate until they stop.
seeing this makes me wish there was a better way of dealing with addiction besides going "well time to go look at/do something else for the next 5 minutes smile"
(12-11-2022, 03:30 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: seeing this makes me wish there was a better way of dealing with addiction besides going "well time to go look at/do something else for the next 5 minutes smile"

There is a chem that does that...I think..
That or I think it just went away on it's own.

Or am I thinking of "FOOD POISONING" where there is a cure.
Yes please, one of my worst games was me being stuck in a sleeper because a doctor thought putting me to sleep was helping and kept me under for 15 mins, had to ahelp to get out