Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Werewolf Power: Tracking
Had the idea a while back while I was cha- I mean being a good doggy following the Captain. Dogs and wolves have a innately powerful sense of smell, so maybe something like a combination of the fingerprint scanner and the sec weapon tracker could be used. An item somebody had or used recently like clothes, bandages, ect. for a short while could be used for a werewolf to catch the scent. Then the part similar to the sec weapon tracker would kick in, where a arrow or something similar would point to the general area of the scent, but maybe not directly to the person. I get this idea is half baked, but I feel it could be fun for the werewolf, but also more intense for the person getting hunted, as you can hide however for a short while they know your general area.
(12-07-2022, 09:34 PM)Bluejet9909 Wrote: Had the idea a while back while I was cha- I mean being a good doggy following the Captain. Dogs and wolves have a innately powerful sense of smell, so maybe something like a combination of the fingerprint scanner and the sec weapon tracker could be used. An item somebody had or used recently like clothes, bandages, ect. for a short while could be used for a werewolf to catch the scent. Then the part similar to the sec weapon tracker would kick in, where a arrow or something similar would point to the general area of the scent, but maybe not directly to the person. I get this idea is half baked, but I feel it could be fun for the werewolf, but also more intense for the person getting hunted, as you can hide however for a short while they know your general area.

maybe it could sort of be like jackals gadget from r6 siege where you can see the foot prints or something or it has like little bits and pieces of a trail you have to follow like finding the railroad in fallout 4 or something itd probably also have to have a fatter cooldown and chance of messing up
(12-08-2022, 01:16 AM)Mikhaelman Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 09:34 PM)Bluejet9909 Wrote: Had the idea a while back while I was cha- I mean being a good doggy following the Captain. Dogs and wolves have a innately powerful sense of smell, so maybe something like a combination of the fingerprint scanner and the sec weapon tracker could be used. An item somebody had or used recently like clothes, bandages, ect. for a short while could be used for a werewolf to catch the scent. Then the part similar to the sec weapon tracker would kick in, where a arrow or something similar would point to the general area of the scent, but maybe not directly to the person. I get this idea is half baked, but I feel it could be fun for the werewolf, but also more intense for the person getting hunted, as you can hide however for a short while they know your general area.

maybe it could sort of be like jackals gadget from r6 siege where you can see the foot prints or something or it has like little bits and pieces of a trail you have to follow like finding the railroad in fallout 4 or something itd probably also have to have a fatter cooldown and chance of messing up

That was actually my initial thought, but that sounds like a pain to code, so I used things I think could be reused to make it
This may actually work better for the voidhound than the werewolf, but good idea!
Being able to track targets sounds fun! I'm not sure if it's very needed on werewolves since usually they tend to snatch the first person who runs into them and either run away or square up and fight if they are discovered while feasting. Fun gimmicky abilities like this one could be interesting to allow some different playstyles though!
(12-09-2022, 08:11 AM)Bartimeus Wrote: Being able to track targets sounds fun! I'm not sure if it's very needed on werewolves since usually they tend to snatch the first person who runs into them and either run away or square up and fight if they are discovered while feasting. Fun gimmicky abilities like this one could be interesting to allow some different playstyles though!

maybe having some people be tastier would encourage tracking and less random killing