Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How/why the hell....
scamtank Wrote:Erebite is also disgustingly rare. I'm a pretty busy miner and I've seen exactly one tile of it, just once.
It's the rocks that explode when you hit them. That's erebite.
nah erebite was changed from ore to gem so it's very rare now.
scamtank Wrote:Erebite is also disgustingly rare. I'm a pretty busy miner and I've seen exactly one tile of it, just once.

Yeah. its way easier to get it from gragg when he sells it.
Curious, does the flash/cell assembly burn damage depend on the cell?
Like would a erebrite cell attached to a flash do more burn damage than a normal cell?
mozi Wrote:nah erebite was changed from ore to gem so it's very rare now.
Oh wait really? So you can't get erebite from the exploding spot anymore?
Is acid normally explosive? I ask because I managed to blow myself up with my own acid golem (thank god for soulguard)
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Is acid normally explosive? I ask because I managed to blow myself up with my own acid golem (thank god for soulguard)

Well golems kinda do that thing where they turn into a cloud of the reagent they're made of and inflict horrible horrible things on anyone nearby.

What did you expect from a golem made of acid exploding into a mist of death right in your face? I'm surprised you weren't dissolved completely from existence.
Sundance Wrote:Curious, does the flash/cell assembly burn damage depend on the cell?
Like would a erebrite cell attached to a flash do more burn damage than a normal cell?

Gonna assume so. Also, if you inject plasma into the cell and then create it into a supercharged flash it'll blow up when you flash it at someone.
ThoseDernSquirrels Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Curious, does the flash/cell assembly burn damage depend on the cell?

Gonna assume so. Also, if you inject plasma into the cell and then create it into a supercharged flash it'll blow up when you flash it at someone.
Wait, you can do battery chemistry? why wasn't I told of this!
Xeram Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Is acid normally explosive? I ask because I managed to blow myself up with my own acid golem (thank god for soulguard)

Well golems kinda do that thing where they turn into a cloud of the reagent they're made of and inflict horrible horrible things on anyone nearby.

What did you expect from a golem made of acid exploding into a mist of death right in your face? I'm surprised you weren't dissolved completely from existence.

What actually happened was even funnier. The golem was chasing a guy. I was following close behind so I could stunlock him with magic missile. I hit the guy, knocked him down, and then the golem punched him and blew up! I managed to only lose one arm and die on a space tile so I was still able to cluwne the rest of the station (about 20 crew members spread thin) when I came back.
ThoseDernSquirrels Wrote:

Now try putting that in a pie.
How does defib work,

I understand you can shock somebody with the defibulator and that fixes things I guess, but is it possible to grab a pair of stun gloves and just shock someone back to stable?

Also can we do this with a stun baton/taser to the chest.

I'm pretty sure I've had it work with an electrified door, but with all the burn damage you get from electricity now and the engine it seems like actually smacking a livewire to jumpstart your heart would kill you more then it would save you.

So if it's at all possible, could someone explain to me how the game's electricity works with heart failure.
Why is it that, as AI, I can sometimes try to track someone and they'll go somewhere my cameras can't see and then immediately back into camera range and yet my camera will still be sitting where it stopped leaving me staring at space like a chump while they run off, without any 'ceased tracking' message?

On a semi-related note, what the hell am I supposed to do when someone asks me to open a door and I go track them but the nearest camera can't actually see them?
Quote:Why is it that, as AI, I can sometimes try to track someone and they'll go somewhere my cameras can't see and then immediately back into camera range and yet my camera will still be sitting where it stopped leaving me staring at space like a chump while they run off, without any 'ceased tracking' message?

The trick with this is to having the tracking window open, and when said player disappears and you somehow reestablish visual, that you can simply just click on the tracking window, press a letter on the keyboard and it will pop up, i.e: A for andy anderson. This happens with most listed action things. There is no cease tracking however.

Quote:On a semi-related note, what the hell am I supposed to do when someone asks me to open a door and I go track them but the nearest camera can't actually see them?
There is an action to open a door when the player is adjacent to that door, it is a fairly new addition. It's tied in with the textbox, but I haven't played AI myself to know it's effectiveness.
Failing that, you can always use the AI shell to come to the aid of a blindspot area (This is including in space, AI shells can use pods!)
I know I can open a door nearest them, but it just annoys me when someone wants to enter a random door and I can't see what door so I can't tell if they are needing to get through there or just being a shit. When cameras start getting destroyed I understand it, but when everything is otherwise intact it bugs me. But thanks for that tip, though.