Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency Event Ideas/Reworks
Void Fissures
Small scale Disaster style event. Void portals appear in a random department on station and spawn several hostile void creatures.

Cold Snap
Life support briefly fails. Sections of the station become deathly cold, some tiles freeze over, several doors freeze shut and the ice must be attacked/melted to use the doors again.

Ventilation Purge
Air vents are getting cleaned out and a significant amount of space fungus will be blasted into the air. Crew gets brief LSD high, perhaps more fungus growths in the halls and filth on the floors.

Food Cloud
A cloud of food items hurtling through space will come into contact with the station momentarily.

Reworked Meteor Shower
Meteors are headed toward the station and Centcomm estimates that several specific rooms will be hit. These areas will be announced for the crew so they can evacuate before the impact.

I think it's weird that meteors are only horizontal and hit the outside of the station instead of being able to punch holes anywhere and everywhere. It could have a gigantic icon similar to loot crate drops that shows where it will land on top of the chat log announcement!

If you've got any ideas or criticisms, please leave'em in the comments! Some of these might inspire better ideas to be implemented, so every little bit helps. Thanks for reading!
(12-07-2022, 09:29 AM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: Void Fissures
Small scale Disaster style event. Void portals appear in a random department on station and spawn several hostile void creatures.

Cold Snap
Life support briefly fails. Sections of the station become deathly cold, some tiles freeze over, several doors freeze shut and the ice must be attacked/melted to use the doors again.

Ventilation Purge
Air vents are getting cleaned out and a significant amount of space fungus will be blasted into the air. Crew gets brief LSD high, perhaps more fungus growths in the halls and filth on the floors.

Food Cloud
A cloud of food items hurtling through space will come into contact with the station momentarily.

Reworked Meteor Shower
Meteors are headed toward the station and Centcomm estimates that several specific rooms will be hit. These areas will be announced for the crew so they can evacuate before the impact.

I think it's weird that meteors are only horizontal and hit the outside of the station instead of being able to punch holes anywhere and everywhere. It could have a gigantic icon similar to loot crate drops that shows where it will land on top of the chat log announcement!

If you've got any ideas or criticisms, please leave'em in the comments! Some of these might inspire better ideas to be implemented, so every little bit helps. Thanks for reading!

Void Fissures (I can go relic grinding.. wait that's warframe)

We had skeletal invasion events so this one seems fine enough, but is more a minor annoyance depending on the creature.
In my opinion they should spawn random void creatures, some hostile, some not but having weird side effects like lights breaking and hallucinations.

Cold Snap

No, this is worst then Rad Storms. It gives use for the winter stuff to heat up, but I tihnk this is much worst and non sensical since doors work in the void of space.. wich is considered the coldest it can be. 

Ventalition Purge

Yes please, but also blow out spiders and space spiders from the vents to creep people out. May even spawn ice spiders or clown spiders.
More cleaning, more chaos.

Food Cloud.

Chance with a side of meatballs... this one.. needs more context in it's mechanics... seems pointless

Reworked Meteor Shower.

No. The concept is good but gameplay wise there is no counterplay... and on smaller stations this is gonna make it worst...
Maybe if it does some damage , knocks players over and does brute damage and break some monitors and lights. I would say it works.