Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace security CC grenades from Vendor with Flashbangs
as said on the tin.

Flash bangs could be used alot more, and cause alot less incidental damage, then CC does. CC usually hurts as many innocents as it does antags, usually even more antags, and is extremely unfair to actually be hit by.

Flashbangs could be used fairly easily with far less collateral damage, be a great tool to rogue silicon swarms, and would be far more usable then the almost never used CC grenades. could even reduce or increase the number of grenades. They would also be more useful on more KINDS of antags without just perm stunning anyone without a mask on.
I do agree that Crowd Control grenades are a bit unwieldy, and generally tend to cause more harm than good, but they do have their place in a riot situation where you absolutely NEED to stop a swarm of people. Those situations admittedly happen far less on RP, hence why i believe the CC nades aren't that useful generally.

Flashbangs on the other hand are extremely powerful. It is pretty much trivial to unpin two flashbangs and throw them at someone for what is essentially a nearly guaranteed stun on a human. There's also the issue of putting a bunch of flashbang-mousetraps in a box and opening it as a huge stun bomb which has very little counterplay if you don't see it coming. Flashbangs used to be freely accessible in the sec-vends and were moved to the armory due to their tendency to be very hard to counter.

Personnaly, i'd prefer to see CC grenades undergo some changes making them a bit more interesting to use. Maybe instead of exploding into a huge tear gas cloud they could constantly emit a smaller cloud of gas for awhile so you could hold it with a gasmask and run around with it, leaving a small trail of tear gas? Or throw it on the ground then throw it someplace else?
Flashbangs where weakened sometime ago. even 2 at your exact feet doesn't down at 100 percent stam. Also this would be 1 utlity credit for 4 , not from the sec vends, so hardly abusable to make mousetrap knockout bombs...nor would I think sec SHOULD be making knockout mousetrap bombs
I am with Barti on this. Sec needs to wear a gas mask to use it. Gas masks block tear gas and using it while holding it or throwing it while it's gassing it's how you use it.

Code wise I think this sounds hard.

BBut I love me flashbangs more.
I kinda like crowd control grenades, if we were to change this and remove them from the vendor, I would rather they get added somewhere in security, in a locked box maybe.

I enjoy using them when there's a small mob of tiders outside of security attempting to get in, and it's a good way to shoo them off.
crowd dispersals are pretty useless and far too situational, every time I choose them I either never use them, or in very rare cases(revs mostly) I use them but they only slow half of the crowd because most people wear gas masks
(12-06-2022, 03:04 PM)Bartimeus Wrote: I do agree that Crowd Control grenades are a bit unwieldy, and generally tend to cause more harm than good, but they do have their place in a riot situation where you absolutely NEED to stop a swarm of people. Those situations admittedly happen far less on RP, hence why i believe the CC nades aren't that useful generally.

Flashbangs on the other hand are extremely powerful. It is pretty much trivial to unpin two flashbangs and throw them at someone for what is essentially a nearly guaranteed stun on a human. There's also the issue of putting a bunch of flashbang-mousetraps in a box and opening it as a huge stun bomb which has very little counterplay if you don't see it coming. Flashbangs used to be freely accessible in the sec-vends and were moved to the armory due to their tendency to be very hard to counter.

Personnaly, i'd prefer to see CC grenades undergo some changes making them a bit more interesting to use. Maybe instead of exploding into a huge tear gas cloud they could constantly emit a smaller cloud of gas for awhile so you could hold it with a gasmask and run around with it, leaving a small trail of tear gas? Or throw it on the ground then throw it someplace else?

Holding an active gas nade in your pocket while fighting revs sounds incredibly badass