Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
about stable mutagen, polymorph gene and some possible changes
I feel like there's a difference between an antag doing it and a nonantag doing it.
(03-24-2023, 11:13 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: well i mean you might as well rework changeling too if people are uncomfortable with people being their character/being turned into a different character

As a changeling you can always CHANGE BACK yourself.. your victims not so much. Wich should be able to be fixed in my opinion...
Honestly, the more i think about it, the less i think we should change it too much.

Identity loss and impersonification are very central topics within sci-fi. The whole gist of changelings is the dread of someone else being you or not knowing who to trust and who not.

The discomfort about the loss of idividuality is what the whole theme is about. We can certainly talk for countermeasures (do your clonescans...) or how easy it is (like i think polymorphism in its baseform could need a nerf). But i don't think we should remove the concept as a whole or make it too easy to revert, like some people are suggesting.
(03-25-2023, 04:35 AM)Mouse Wrote: I feel like there's a difference between an antag doing it and a nonantag doing it.

i don't, the point being made here wasn't about an antag doing it, rather just the unwanted removal/erasure/modification of one's personal identity
This is a game where you can RP as terrorists who take over a station and murder civilians and we're worried about how people might feel about identity theft? I feel like ss13 isn't the game for you if that makes you uncomfortable.
(03-25-2023, 03:56 PM)Skye14 Wrote: This is a game where you can RP as terrorists who take over a station and murder civilians and we're worried about how people might feel about identity theft? I feel like ss13 isn't the game for you if that makes you uncomfortable.

Most don't fear the loss of idenity in this topic, more or less that Polymorph is very counterintuative and has no counterplay.

It's considered LESS FUN.

You polymorph and you GIVE UP your own form period to be someone else without reverting it.. its funny at 1st but when the joke is over... it's just annoyance for the person impersonated, the person polymorphed and the whole crew who gets confused by the same voice.

Why can't the polymorpher change back?
Why can't the polymorpher be stopped to polymorph?

While some mutations can be undone or have a cooldown... Polymorph has non of that.
You get rid of the mutation? Polymorpher is still polymorphed.
All because they got the mutation, ran past you and touched you. Nothing you can do.
It's done... and nothing can undo it but killing the polymorpher and cloning them.
And guess what? They were just a genecist who was pranking.. not an antag.

This is why people want this. If it was an antag only abillity? Fine. No one will bat an eye.
But cause one guy found it funny... the joke ended... you can't kill the guy... and everything is awkward.

THAT IS THE MAIN PROBLEM!