Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
New Gamemode: King of the Castle
I've seen a lot of people mentioning how stale the gangs gamemode is, along with talk of how chaotic rev rounds can get - each being fun gamemodes for different reasons, while still having their own issues. I'd love to see a gamemode that strikes a balance between extremely destructive and tremendously dull, something equal parts capture the flag and a game of tag. 
Enter the SyndiCrown, made with the finest blood diamonds, gold buillons, and imbued with the parasitic power of crime. Closely related to the obsidian crown, the SyndiCrown chooses a few players at roundstart to crown as Kings, making them hosts and fusing onto their heads. However, the SyndiCrown has a number of special properties...
1. Anyone who wears the SyndiCrown cannot take it off of their own head. It can only be removed if someone steals it, or kills the King wearing it. 
2. Anyone who wears the SyndiCrown receives antag status as a traitor and receives a traitor uplink. If they have the crown stolen from them, their antag status is revoked, their PDA uplink removed, and all weaponry in their inventory is violently ejected from their body.
3. A newly crowned King will gain a temporary speed boost to give them a headstart on running away from angry mobs of antag-jealous staffies. 
4. The crown is powerful, but fragile - it can be sold for an obscene amount of credits for money-hungry QMs, or tossed in the disposal crusher to be destroyed. 
5. The longer the crown is worn, the stronger the King gets: every 5 minutes, the King is adorned with a helpful mutation such as super strength, or is given more traitor credits to blow on monkey barrels.
6. Kings have only one objective: remain a King for as long as possible!
...This mode seems completely off base from what SS13 stands for.

This basicly will turn classic from: "You are running a space station with people causing issues" to:
"KILL THE CROWN WEARER AS ANYONE!"
Imagine if all of security wear crowns... and then die.. no more security.

Concept seems fun, but in the grand scheme of the game it falls apart.

While it's perfect chaos.. lore wise it makes no sense and gameplay wise it breaks the standard shift in half more then Rev's do.

With Revs you are basicly "mindhacked"
With gangs, you are basicly warring with other antagonists.
With this... it just becomes "Valid hunting, the game, reward: Be next antagonist"
I also don't like this for the same reason i don't like gangs: you are signing up for antag status.
this reminds me of the really old mode restructuring, which used to be a ton of fun