Complaint Grifflez being lame and power tripping on engineering having fun
the entire engineering department decided to secure the area from unwanted guests, security, staffies and the like. This was going well until Grifflez decided that there was not supposed to be any fun for engineers, and booped in as a staffie, so I try to throw him out, and so he kills me and explains to the rest of engineering they have been very bad and that being obnoxious is against the rules, and that we can't disallow access to engineering. The entire thing seems unfair and as of writing this almost 10 minutes later I have not been respawned. The admin overstepped boundaries and made up this new rule about sealing off the department. Just because the admin didn't like us sealing it off, doesn't mean that he can tell us to desist and ruin the round for all the engineers. He also said something about declaring independence from the station being against the rules.

(12-04-2022, 07:48 PM)quizmar Wrote:
the entire engineering department decided to secure the area from unwanted guests, security, staffies and the like. This was going well until Grifflez decided that there was not supposed to be any fun for engineers, and booped in as a staffie, so I try to throw him out, and so he kills me and explains to the rest of engineering they have been very bad and that being obnoxious is against the rules, and that we can't disallow access to engineering. The entire thing seems unfair and as of writing this almost 10 minutes later I have not been respawned. The admin overstepped boundaries and made up this new rule about sealing off the department. Just because the admin didn't like us sealing it off, doesn't mean that he can tell us to desist and ruin the round for all the engineers. He also said something about declaring independence from the station being against the rules.
I should add that the tone the admin used was condescending and rude the entire time
Yes, being obnoxious and walling off an area like a silly doom fortress isn't cool. That's why I said knock it off.

You got what you deserved and died for a whole 10 minutes for your trouble.

Edit: Why did you feel it was necessary to put in a link to send me a message on byond, out of curiousity?
(12-04-2022, 07:57 PM)Grifflez Wrote: Yes, being obnoxious and walling off an area like a silly doom fortress isn't cool. That's why I said knock it off.

You got what you deserved and died for a whole 10 minutes for your trouble.

Edit: Why did you feel it was necessary to put in a link to send me a message on byond, out of curiousity?

I disagree, and you didn't tell me to knock it off. you just boop'd me.
Byond message? I dont know what you mean
You walked into a room while I was discussing how not-cool that whole thing was with the other mechanics, pushing me around and trying to remove me, despite the on-going conversation. This is when I decided to gib you for being annoying while I was talking to other people, I actually asked about you walling off engineering after the fact.

This is a pretty standard response for "I'm trying to have a conversation as an admin with some players and someone refuses to take the hint that their repeated attempts to grab and throw someone out of the room isn't going to work" type situations.
(12-04-2022, 08:18 PM)Grifflez Wrote: You walked into a room while I was discussing how not-cool that whole thing was with the other mechanics, pushing me around and trying to remove me, despite the on-going conversation. This is when I decided to gib you for being annoying while I was talking to other people, I actually asked about you walling off engineering after the fact.

This is a pretty standard response for "I'm trying to have a conversation as an admin with some players and someone refuses to take the hint that their repeated attempts to grab and throw someone out of the room isn't going to work" type situations.

Good to know you gib people for not getting hints. You should add that to the new player info, and that apparently it's against your rules to be annoying or obnoxious in any way. I don't see how it even matters if youre untouchable why someone trying to grab you would bother you.
I will not peanut post in admin feedback threads!
There is no requirement or expectation on admins not to gib you to make a point. If you are fooling around while an admin is trying to deal with something in character you should not be surprised for it to happen to you. Similarly there is no requirement for warnings.

Grifflez did not "overstep their boundaries" telling you not to seal off a department. Administrators are well within their rights to dictate what players should and should not be doing in a round, it is the very essence of the role to make judgement calls on player behavior. You may not find a specific rule but in SS13 if we try to write down what you shouldn't do it would be thousands of entries long and no-one would remember and a lot of things are situational.

At the end of the day this was a simple gibbing for interfering with an admin asking a department not to block themselves off for a round, an action that usually results in self antagging.