Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Werewolf serum Werewolf antagonist for RP
As the title says, this suggestion consists on the idea of adding the werewolf serum version of Werewolf to the RP antagonist pool.

For those unawere, this is the werewolf serum version of Werewolf:

- Makes you constantly shift from human to werewolf and vice-versa with an interval of some minutes.

- Does not have the abilities of the common Werewolf antagonist, but does have the passives, such as being able to pry doors open.

- When the player starts to transform, they suffer some stuns and jitter, then becoming a werewolf, which your chat slowly gets more and more messages such as "You feel weak." and "You feel a burning sensation all over your body!".

For being considerably weaker and more flavorful than the common Werewolf antagonist, I think it fits perfectly for an RP scenario, where a crewmember has a dark secret of having a werewolf curse which turns them into, well, a werewolf!

What do y'all think?  :bee:
I am A-okay with adding werewolves to RP.
I feel like they fit in perfectly in RP and aren't too chaotic like let's say Wizards.

To this day I tried em in Murder Box and I don't see how they are banned in full. They are basicly more dangerous wrestlers.
I guess their strength comes from combining their powers with drugs like Meth and such.. but you can also just say: "Your body purges all chemicals" when you transform.
Adding a no sleepy darts/poisoning strategy to the mix in RP...
I think weakened WW (like this suggestion proposes) are best

(12-02-2022, 07:30 AM)Kotlol Wrote: To this day I tried em in Murder Box and I don't see how they are banned in full. They are basicly more dangerous wrestlers.
You have clearly never seen a classic werewolf rampage. That stuff gets nasty real fast.
(12-02-2022, 09:53 AM)George_Manning Wrote: I think weakened WW (like this suggestion proposes) are best

(12-02-2022, 07:30 AM)Kotlol Wrote: To this day I tried em in Murder Box and I don't see how they are banned in full. They are basicly more dangerous wrestlers.
You have clearly never seen a classic werewolf rampage. That stuff gets nasty real fast.

I didn't.. but nerfing it seems fair.
Wolves are designed to be able to take out literally everything short of a macho man 1v1 if they get in melee.
if youre gonna put ww’s on rp just put them in fully. the whole swapping back and forth thing is extremely annoying. it does give chat notifs, sure, but it even so the frequent shifting between wolf and human removes most of your clothing when turning into a wolf, meaning you have to constantly worry about dropping your stuff and not having enough room in your bag to hold it for when you inevitably turn back, as well as bugging your clothing sprites that Dont get removed when you swap between the two repeatedly. it sounds like a pain in the ass to do anything worthwhile as this version of the antag, not even mentioning how awful the accent is for communication (which is just a general ww thing but its. not good)
(12-02-2022, 05:34 PM)Mouse Wrote: Wolves are designed to be able to take out literally everything short of a macho man 1v1 if they get in melee.

Well, that is not really a problem. We don't need counterplay in 1v1 fights against antags. Especially on RP where security deathballs pretty often with 3-4 officers in one emergency case.

Most antags in RP rely on stealth to get kills. And having one which gives a shit about it is a nice change of pace.

(12-03-2022, 11:38 AM)Retrino Wrote: if youre gonna put ww’s on rp just put them in fully. the whole swapping back and forth thing is extremely annoying. it does give chat notifs, sure, but it even so the frequent shifting between wolf and human removes most of your clothing when turning into a wolf, meaning you have to constantly worry about dropping your stuff and not having enough room in your bag to hold it for when you inevitably turn back, as well as bugging your clothing sprites that Dont get removed when you swap between the two repeatedly. it sounds like a pain in the ass to do anything worthwhile as this version of the antag, not even mentioning how awful the accent is for communication (which is just a general ww thing but its. not good)

I don't think werewolf will work if they are stuck as werewolfs. The buildup before they transform and rip their target into shreds is perfect for escalating with your victim. Although mechanically the clothing issue can be somewhat aleviated.
We also know one of the 1st things we will see as werewolves is the following:
- I am a pet. Hug me!
- Scooby talk before transforming
- Puppy dog eyes
- More pugs to be a werewolf pug!
I don't think full werewolf would make it to RP, as it's a rampage antagonist. Not without weakening or changing abilities at least, which I don't think the developers would be very fond of.

Generally these are the pros and cons of this version:

Pros:

- You are strong and can defeat someone fairly easily. You can also destroy windows and grilles fast.

- You don't rely on a "cooldown" for transforming.

- You can pry doors open to get to rooms you don't have acces.

Cons:

- You have no control on transforming, which you need to be careful about if you're in a dangerous situation.

- When you start to transform, you are helpless for a few seconds. (But I suppose that's the cost of not having to use an ability to transform.)

- You have no abilities to help you.

- As a werewolf, you have the SD frontal gyrus mutation, making you talk like a dog! Which makes you harder to understand, and also makes clearer that you're not a "werewolf cosplayer".

Overall, if werewolf made it to RP, I think this version would make it rather than the common one. If that one would make it, I believe it would be already implemented.

Still all it takes to take you down are some taser shots and baton stunnings, but you can also murder someone easily if in your range, not to talk about if you have a gun.
(12-04-2022, 06:26 AM)ThatScarlett Wrote: I don't think full werewolf would make it to RP, as it's a rampage antagonist. Not without weakening or changing abilities at least, which I don't think the developers would be very fond of.

Vampires can rampage too and we have them.
Arcfiends not so much.. but they can do annoying escapes and cause large problems.

And both can use items too on top of their abillities.

Ling can rampage too.. but is.. too slow...
even though I am both a big werewolf fan and pretty much an rp-only player this suggestion hasn't really felt right to me, and it took me a few days to realize why. without having any abilities, the version of werewolf proposed here doesn't really meaningfully differentiate itself from, say, a rogue geneticist with hulk. in fact, it's worse than a rogue geneticist with hulk, because you'll just suddenly lose your Big Punches after a bit and you may not know when you'll get them back

I do really like the idea of rp werewolves having no control over the transformation intervals, especially with Warnings to the ww player as the time draws near. I can see it spurring improv similar to how spy thief bounties push you to think on the fly. but past that, the play experience seems very flat on paper, with little leeway for interesting things to aim for beyond Brutalizing People In Maintenance or Brutalizing People In Public
(12-04-2022, 07:05 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 06:26 AM)ThatScarlett Wrote: I don't think full werewolf would make it to RP, as it's a rampage antagonist. Not without weakening or changing abilities at least, which I don't think the developers would be very fond of.

Vampires can rampage too and we have them.
Arcfiends not so much.. but they can do annoying escapes and cause large problems.

And both can use items too on top of their abillities.

Ling can rampage too.. but is.. too slow...

The difference between vampires/changelings and ww is that they are not BUILT around rampaging, at least not entirely. Pretty much all a werewolf can DO is rampage, because they’re deadly, visible and REALLY REALLY LOUD.
yeah werewolf as is will just be really inconsistent with RP escalation. they would need more control over their transforms, kind of defeating their downsides.