Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A modest securutrion restrructuring.
People building dozens of securitrons sort of legitimately feels 'shut downy' to antags. especially since zoldorf can just produce them

my  proposal:

Add securitron batons to security. have there be like..1 in a sec vendor, make it so they shock you if used without insuls and cannot use power cells or recharge, to keep sec asses from grabbing them to be security.

Reqauire those instead of a rod and wire.

This instantly limits the number of securitrons that can exist, and stops some of the issues with people that build dozens a round. It also means securitrons released will also, if briefly, give antagonists weapons, making swarming securitrons a risky proposition.
As someone who has mass produced dozens of securitrons for some gimmick rounds, it very rarely shuts down a round for antags, and more often than not the case is that they get weaponized against security in someway during the round, and can be really funny.
Against. Securitrons will only go after you if:
- You are set to arrest
- If you are holding contraband they can see.

And both can be avoided by just hiding your idenity or not holding the contraband in hands.
Also just don't go into areas where securitrons roam as well with your contraband... They have set security routes and will not bother you if you aren't being hunted.

That said... you can break em easily or shake them also easily by running away.. or dipping into a locker or closet. The securitron will only reveal your location if they cuff you... but other wise they just make large siren noises wich they will stop if you hide in a locker.

And as Jakson shows.. if there is too much of em. Get security acces and set every security member on arrest. Suddenly their own force turns against them...
That or Emag them all and suddenly having 10 securitrons on the loose is a hassle since everyone is getting arrested left and right.

So no mass-producing securitrons is not an antagonist deterent. It's a security force's INSECURITY! Abuse it!
hehe, and yea I know theres counters.. I just guess I feel like making the main security routs so dangerous is semi fad form. I have also on rare occasions seen people who assign one or 2 to every single department, but that is far and away an uncommon thing
(11-27-2022, 10:42 PM)Jakson Wrote: As someone who has mass produced dozens of securitrons for some gimmick rounds, it very rarely shuts down a round for antags, and more often than not the case is that they get weaponized against security in someway during the round, and can be really funny.

I actually agree with this! Beepskys can be the entire stations undoing. Honestly, so many times a criminal can just use beepsky to get a hold of someone in a high position of power. 

Too many beepskies to make a move against a target yourself? Get into a security console and set the random innocent soul you’re tasked to murder to be arrested and you’ve got them handcuffed, ready to be hugged in maintenance tunnels!
(11-27-2022, 07:27 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: People building dozens of securitrons sort of legitimately feels 'shut downy' to antags. especially since zoldorf can just produce them

my  proposal:

Add securitron batons to security. have there be like..1 in a sec vendor, make it so they shock you if used without insuls and cannot use power cells or recharge, to keep sec asses from grabbing them to be security.

This instantly limits the number of securitrons that can exist, and stops some of the issues with people that build dozens a round. It also means securitrons released will also, if briefly, give antagonists weapons, making swarming securitrons a risky proposition.

Had a Nuke Op shift recently where we had to plant Cargo.

Literally just had someone or the AI buying crates of bots and continuously activating them and setting them to move to us.. five feet away.
Sure lots of things we COULD do to stop it but, gotta stay and guard the bomb, and it was Kondaru so, front and back offices, right?

Well literally only reason they didn't arrest every operative as the massive wave of them came in is because I was an infil with a C-saber chopping them down. Securitron spam is insane when it happens.
(11-28-2022, 06:38 PM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 07:27 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: People building dozens of securitrons sort of legitimately feels 'shut downy' to antags. especially since zoldorf can just produce them

my  proposal:

Had a Nuke Op shift recently where we had to plant Cargo.

Literally just had someone or the AI buying crates of bots and continuously activating them and setting them to move to us.. five feet away.
Sure lots of things we COULD do to stop it but, gotta stay and guard the bomb, and it was Kondaru so, front and back offices, right?

Well literally only reason they didn't arrest every operative as the massive wave of them came in is because I was an infil with a C-saber chopping them down. Securitron spam is insane when it happens.

This is an exception to the rule rather then the standard.

Sure it's annoying.. but you could have killed the orders or terminated the AI or Subsume the AI.
Eitherway..  you handled it fairly well!