Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New secmate prisoner mode: Search
A new mode for secmate which can be added directly or with the RecordTrak.

Gives a dedicated mode for searches so people don't need to use Parole/Incarcerated/Released and less aggressive than putting someone on arrest, which for me normally means we want X in the brig. Dedicated mode will reduce questions about why X is on Y setting. Adds some more options for the RecordTrak to hopefully make it used more often.

Current idea is a magenta background with an S icon but ideas are welcome.

This is more geared towards RP but I don't really play RP so id love to hear RP players thoughts on this.
Seems unnecessary. Contraband tag works just as well.

I suppose I'm not opposed, but some new players get confused by the tags already.
So something like a person of interest? Not arrest, but stop and question kinda thing?
Yeah a person of interest is a good way to put it I suppose
I have two feelings about this.

First I feel another new tag may add additional confusion for new players. Although I feel a revised security guide would help remove this confusion. 

Secondly, I think having a tag that was not simply arrest, but question, would promote both more teamwork and cooperation from sec, and also promote fewer arrests which can lead to needless escalation.

I would say I support this, but I also feel we need a revised security guide and space law.
I think the "I" status needs to change from INCARSERATED to "INTERROGATE/INVESTIGATE"
Aka ask questions to the player rather then say: "They are arrested" Cause people keep them on ARREST in the brig in case they break out.

The P status is mostly used to show a player who has been arrested before.
(11-27-2022, 04:27 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I think the "I" status needs to change from INCARSERATED to "INTERROGATE/INVESTIGATE"
Aka ask questions to the player rather then say: "They are arrested" Cause people keep them on ARREST in the brig in case they break out.

The P status is mostly used to show a player who has been arrested before.

Yeah the incarcerated status is hardly used as intended because brig timers are short. but I don't plan to change the current modes right now.

(11-26-2022, 04:24 PM)ImJustAStrangeMan Wrote: I have two feelings about this.

First I feel another new tag may add additional confusion for new players. Although I feel a revised security guide would help remove this confusion. 

Secondly, I think having a tag that was not simply arrest, but question, would promote both more teamwork and cooperation from sec, and also promote fewer arrests which can lead to needless escalation.

I would say I support this, but I also feel we need a revised security guide and space law.

Yeah the pages relevant to security on their own don't really mention secmate and statuses. You can find the statuses on the security equipment page and the secmate login on the thinkdos page, where only opening all records is mentioned then the security assistant page mentions searching records but not the list.

It would be nice to have in-depth guides on this in one place not fragmented accross the whole wiki. especially since when helping new players on security the first thing I ask is "do you know how to use secmate" it would be good to have it documentated properly.
I would be down for changing I to Investigate.

Would be nice to not have to check the PDA every time someone is set to arrest.
Well if Incarcerated was changed to Investigate/Interrogate do you think that a seperate search flag is still worthwhile?
(11-27-2022, 10:52 AM)Cheffie Wrote: Well if Incarcerated was changed to Investigate/Interrogate do you think that a seperate search flag is still worthwhile?

Investigate/interrogate =/= arrest.

Arrest is needed if you have proof they commited a crime, have contraband or will commit a crime.

Investigate/interrogate means talk to this person they might be guilty or a witness or just need to be checked in on.

This will help ALOT with RP for sure and speed up an investigation RP.
On classic, it's not as much of use, but it can help to just sus someone out, insted of throwing the ole baton right away at their face.
(11-27-2022, 11:08 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 10:52 AM)Cheffie Wrote: Well if Incarcerated was changed to Investigate/Interrogate do you think that a seperate search flag is still worthwhile?

Investigate/interrogate =/= arrest.

Arrest is needed if you have proof they commited a crime, have contraband or will commit a crime.

Investigate/interrogate means talk to this person they might be guilty or a witness or just need to be checked in on.

This will help ALOT with RP for sure and speed up an investigation RP.
On classic, it's not as much of use, but it can help to just sus someone out, insted of throwing the ole baton right away at their face.

I never said anything about removing the arrest flag. I'm talking about my proposed search flag and if it would still have a place if Incarcerated was changed
Investigate / Interrogate sounds kinda brutal, at least the interrogate part. Maybe just make I changed to Interest, like a person of Interest to Security.

Would essentially be something like, ling suspect, ling victim, possible traitor, one of a few people at a scene where the Captain got sleepy penned with rainbow fluid, etc. I would like the change honestly, instead of literally security going "Set them to P for Patrolled, because that means they are a traitor." We all do it, we all know what it means, just give us a setting to mark something of interest without actually saying arrest them and causing problems.

Its a simple change for the better.
(11-28-2022, 11:15 PM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: Investigate / Interrogate sounds kinda brutal, at least the interrogate part. Maybe just make I changed to Interest, like a person of Interest to Security.

Would essentially be something like, ling suspect, ling victim, possible traitor, one of a few people at a scene where the Captain got sleepy penned with rainbow fluid, etc. I would like the change honestly, instead of literally security going "Set them to P for Patrolled, because that means they are a traitor." We all do it, we all know what it means, just give us a setting to mark something of interest without actually saying arrest them and causing problems.

Its a simple change for the better.

Same thing different term.

Also P for PAROLLED as in released from the brig. It helps with repeat offenders to know: "Hey they were in the brig before."
Technically Parolled means someone paid or they paid to be out of the brig, but no one really does that in the game anymore.

It's a good RP mechanic, but even in RP we do not do this.
So is the consensus to not add a new mode but to change Incarcerated to Investigate? which is fine but does anyone want to give me a straight answer on if this was to be the case my NEW search mode idea is still worth entertaining?
Investigate is very broad but Search is clear so I can still see some worth with it.
I would make it just investigate so new secoffs dont try to arrest someone to take them into the interrogation room