Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cloning Debuffs should kick in on the first Clone
So basically what the title says. I am in the minority of player I think where I just really dislike cloning in general. I feel like it makes death pretty cheap and easy to recover from, but this isn't for me to just complain about cloning. It's about me arguing for a cloning nerf that I think everyone would hate.

Currently, if you are cloned too many times, your max health is debuffed, and then it gets worse with every cloning, this only starts to kick in on the third cloning I believe? It also doesn't apply at all to Security disk clones I believe. I think that this debuff should honestly start kicking in the very first time you get cloned, to add more of a desire for players to not die.

I've had people legitimately decide that dying and getting cloned is faster than going through the effort of healing and getting new organs or whatever state they are in.

I really think this isn't that HUGE of a nerf. It's kinda minor to be honest, and it just incentivizes people to really dislike death. Nothing feels more annoying then half the station having clone scans and if you're an antag and kill them - everyone coming back perfectly fine.
Oh, and this should also apply to Security disk scans.

Once again, I am biased against cloning in general. (It's why I run Puritan)

TL;DR
Cloning should start to debuff you starting from the first clone instead of the third. (Which doesn't happen that much.)
Debuff is on the second clone.
I may have mixed up third life with third clone.

Either way, point still stands. I think it should apply immediately.
You should see it as this:
When you spawn you are 100%
When you respawn you are a copy of 100% so still 100%
When you then get cloned you are a copy of a copy.. and now you get clone rot.

We can increase the clone rot by a ton. Or add a small clone rot at the 1st clone, but only at the second does it kick in big time.
I agree that dying should have more consequences. Lower health every time you get cloned sounds fine.