Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ling Organ Critters
Ling critters are weird right now. I feel like they are incredibly weak and not worth the dna cost, considering how hard it can be to even get people. Why would I spend six dna points on a leg that does baby damage and dies in three punches? Let alone handicapping myself. Critters should be free tbh, the handicap and cooldown is cost enough. Let alone the kills you need to man them - ANYWAYS.

That aside. I have been thinking about Ling Critters a lot and some more fun ones that could be interesting to have.

FROM ORGANS!

Heartworm - Oh god it's a heart crawling all over the ground leaking blood everywhere. The blood boils and it can spray a little bit of blood at people for a bit of burn and cling blood.

Stomach Bug - It flops along the ground like a fish, and explodes into a bunch of acid.

Intestinepede - Intestines, a snake-like centipede fella. Nibbles peoples ankles and gives them a nasty poison, probably nothing too crazy. Sulfonal?

Kidneyslug - Little fellas that squish around and instead of helping your body with toxins. They give them.

Okay I will be honest these ideas could probably use some refinements, but I like the idea of organs being able to be weird critters as well, it'd be fun. Here's a bonus suggestion too to give Ling a funny new escape, and it kinda goes hand-in-hand with critter discussion.

Last Resort - Explode your body apart into every type of critter. (2 Hands, 2 Eyes, 2 Legs, organs if they got added, and yourself as a headspider.) If there's no players to take over the critters I am sure they could have a simple AI. Knocks people down near you briefly allowing in the chaos for you to escape. You have to have at least 10 DNA points to trigger this and a very big cooldown even after you get a new body. So it's nothing super spammable.
You sort of acknowledge this in your post, but the best thing to use them for is to escape. One of my most memorable and robust-feeling plays as ling was when I was being arrested, and I burst off a legworm who immediately stunned both the secoffs and distracted them long enough for me to instant escape cuffs and get to space. They’re good distractions, and it’s fun to play them as distractions too.
(11-21-2022, 09:58 AM)George_Manning Wrote: You sort of acknowledge this in your post, but the best thing to use them for is to escape. One of my most memorable and robust-feeling plays as ling was when I was being arrested, and I burst off a legworm who immediately stunned both the secoffs and distracted them long enough for me to instant escape cuffs and get to space. They’re good distractions, and it’s fun to play them as distractions too.

To be honest I find shambler a much better use of escape, and handicapping myself by cutting off my vision/movement speed and taking away dna points I find kind of a hassle.

I guess they can be a decent emergency button.