Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Straws: Chugging Anything and Everything
After a round where I rolled staffie and took it upon myself to drink the entire contents of the pool, I quickly realized that the way Goon handles sipping (and chugging) is slow and restricted to only drinking out of a glass or some sort of other vessel. Drinking floor soup, pool water, or volatile chemicals in containers you should certainly not be drinking from was off limits without a drinking glass - and frankly, very boring and not very Goon-esque. My solution? 
Behold, the straw, allowing you to do 3 things regular glasses cannot: bypass the limit where your character can no longer chug liquids, allow you to drink out of containers you normally can't (like the juice-o-matic, fuel tank, helium tank, and other such forbidden fruits), and allow you to drink pools of chems directly off of the floor. Finally, a world where clowns and bored staffies can sip all the pool water to their heart's content, unflood Oshan without a single mop, or chug ungodly amounts of alcohol to the point of getting poisoned.
I want to be a Vampire and stick a straw into someones neck and chug.

Jokes aside, I feel like it's a slight balance concern, the chug limitations. If you could just chug any reagent pile you see with an easy-to-get straw wouldn't that be a bit much?
(11-19-2022, 03:15 PM)TheMaskedMan2 Wrote: I want to be a Vampire and stick a straw into someones neck and chug.

Jokes aside, I feel like it's a slight balance concern, the chug limitations. If you could just chug any reagent pile you see with an easy-to-get straw wouldn't that be a bit much?

Maybe it would make sense for the straw to only chug 5u/second and bend after a random amount of chugs, making you spend some time fixing it.
(11-19-2022, 01:59 PM)JulyJade Wrote: After a round where I rolled staffie and took it upon myself to drink the entire contents of the pool, I quickly realized that the way Goon handles sipping (and chugging) is slow and restricted to only drinking out of a glass or some sort of other vessel. Drinking floor soup, pool water, or volatile chemicals in containers you should certainly not be drinking from was off limits without a drinking glass - and frankly, very boring and not very Goon-esque. My solution? 
Behold, the straw, allowing you to do 3 things regular glasses cannot: bypass the limit where your character can no longer chug liquids, allow you to drink out of containers you normally can't (like the juice-o-matic, fuel tank, helium tank, and other such forbidden fruits), and allow you to drink pools of chems directly off of the floor. Finally, a world where clowns and bored staffies can sip all the pool water to their heart's content, unflood Oshan without a single mop, or chug ungodly amounts of alcohol to the point of getting poisoned.

Unironically would be the funniest best shit. I usually spill something in pharmacy so having the loss of sense long enough to just straw suck it up would be very very good. 
Not sure how I feel about the unflood oshan level of funny chug but giving it limited use before breaking or bending  would be good (ie. A paper straw or normal bendy plastic one). Like maybe 5ish uses that can suck up a total of 25ish units before having to fix it? Makes sense to me
I don't think chugging is that slow really, you can quite easily chug 100+ units in a few seconds

I think the problem you had was that your body got the maximum amount of reagents in them, which is 330

adding straws could make it possible to drink out of beakers or other containers that can't otherwise be directly drunk from, which I don't see any problems with, as you can already do this with regular drinking glasses by transferring contents
(11-20-2022, 10:12 AM)Meowgical Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 01:59 PM)JulyJade Wrote: After a round where I rolled staffie and took it upon myself to drink the entire contents of the pool, I quickly realized that the way Goon handles sipping (and chugging) is slow and restricted to only drinking out of a glass or some sort of other vessel. Drinking floor soup, pool water, or volatile chemicals in containers you should certainly not be drinking from was off limits without a drinking glass - and frankly, very boring and not very Goon-esque. My solution? 

Unironically would be the funniest best shit. I usually spill something in pharmacy so having the loss of sense long enough to just straw suck it up would be very very good. 
Not sure how I feel about the unflood oshan level of funny chug but giving it limited use before breaking or bending  would be good (ie. A paper straw or normal bendy plastic one). Like maybe 5ish uses that can suck up a total of 25ish units before having to fix it? Makes sense to me

What we need is a traitor item

SYNDICATE STRAW-TM

that doesn't break and chugs at a faster rate.

While normal straws should chug at a much slower rate than chugging a bottle or whatever and eventually break.