HoS Application - Operative Paladin (LadyGeartHeart)
Based off some older comments I think you’ve definitely made a lot of improvements! I do appreciate the willingness to offer help to assistants, and defense of crew—one round my character was getting pretty beat by another character and Paladin stepped in. Same with handling a rather large threat like the few zombie apocalypses we’ve had on RP, and helping to mitigate the death counts the events usually have. queen greater domestic space-bee

This said…I’m not sure if HoS is quite right just yet.
Handling large threats are great! And so is offering to help assistants /sometimes/. This said the gameplay style always felt very suited for a secoff or maybe an NTSC. It feels a bit too distanced from the HoS that generally organizes  the group, directs change and action, effectively gives punishment etc., and I think that ties deeply into how the HoS works within a group dynamic. I feel that the way you play isn’t suited for that role just yet. The way you play Paladin is very lone-wolf and commanding but not very collaborative which is a vital difference that makes her inappropriate for HoS just yet. We need collaboration, to show and teach, and come to conclusions as a whole rather than have one person go aha! And solve it. Which admittedly happens consistently with you especially when there’s crimes where we can only go off forensics.
You play a character whose cold and distant. Cold is interesting for a secoff or detective or ntsc, but too distant for a HoS that feels like they should be more involved with the group and improve our morale or push us to working towards the conclusion of a plot or crime or simply protecting the ship.
A cold demeanor is not necessarily a professional one—a harsh response to fellow sec goofing off is cold and intriguing but can be offputting when in the leadership position.
I do think you’re typically more willing to allow antagonists escalate and are open and vocal about that, which is great! But also I worry about how you’ve responded to them when it comes to security and crew you know and are friends with vs those who are more distant. It feels as if there are points where you punish more swiftly and strongly because a friend was attacked vs random name crew. Which I understand, but can be frustrating from someone on the outside. I recall a round where I was falsely accused of murder, and was kind of held in security for a while, had my items removed, but never returned. Any sort of questions were rebuffed or responded to rudely. Its in character, but feels like something that a HoS would simply not do for the sake of them being a mitigator, mediator, and professional.  If that was because it was a friend who was attacked or an especially difficult round, I’m not sure.
To sum: In general I see you respond more harshly when a friend is hurt vs rando crew. You play very cold and distant, and fail to collaborate. The style of play and rp is good for an officer or detective but not a HoS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HoS Application - Operative Paladin (LadyGeartHeart) - by Meowgical - 11-22-2022, 06:11 AM