HoS Application - Operative Paladin (LadyGeartHeart)
hos is a facilitator and has to make decisions that are more sensitive to the people on the other side of the screen, even if it may conflict with personal narrative. my take right now, interest in security is usually for meta reasons (fits with arc, you see an announcement in the lobby on admin special rounds, frame things in OOC as "this is just how my character acts").

technicals: you lone wolf off on your own and dont communicate why you're arresting people, sometimes wordlessly grabbing people out of the hall.
punishments for minor infractions tend towards being very extreme. I've seen, when the captain told you to lay off a chef for breaking a securitron the decision to grapple, pin, and chainflash them for another two minutes while ignoring what the team said and commanding them over radio to come in and arrest.

some other concerns i have:
• deflecting from harm done to other real people behind the screen by excusing it as "just how your character is"
• worked security feedback/criticism into your IC lore as character traits
• re-established the exact same patterns of behavior in the same role (metafriending)
• harrassed people privately. you have the option to take stuff on the chin and move on from it with no further comment.

you also are very invested in "winning" as security, and talk a lot in OOC chat or end-of-round chat about "your" officers and how many of the antags you identified/killed.

there's some other general play concerns i have about use of metaknowledge, powergame-y items like mechboots as secoff, and exploits for in-game advantages.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HoS Application - Operative Paladin (LadyGeartHeart) - by nefarious6th - 11-19-2022, 04:49 PM