Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craftable big nasty syringe.
A watering can + syringe + emergency oxygen tank assembly.
Dumps the full 120 unit contents on someone in one shot, using the same rules as the syringe for injecting another person, but the attempt time is shortened if the tank pressure is really jacked up.
Good for the unsubtle poisoner or lazy doctor.
[Image: oS34O57.png]
[Image: naLgqMJ.png]
I would worry that the raw power of that would just lead to injecting 120 units of literally anything harmful as an insta-kill. Shit, that's so much you don't even need to do something harmful, really. Load it with morphine and you'd OD a guy into oblivion. Honestly I can't see it being anything but harmful. Maybe as some sort of traitor weapon it'd be nice since you could kill a stunned guy in no time at all, but otherwise it'd be insane to give to the crew.
Karakoran Wrote:I would worry that the raw power of that would just lead to injecting 120 units of literally anything harmful as an insta-kill. Shit, that's so much you don't even need to do something harmful, really. Load it with morphine and you'd OD a guy into oblivion. Honestly I can't see it being anything but harmful. Maybe as some sort of traitor weapon it'd be nice since you could kill a stunned guy in no time at all, but otherwise it'd be insane to give to the crew.
As much as I would love to use this thing I have to agree here. Make it a traitor medical doctor item or chemistry traitor item and it would be good I think.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Karakoran Wrote:I would worry that the raw power of that would just lead to injecting 120 units of literally anything harmful as an insta-kill. Shit, that's so much you don't even need to do something harmful, really. Load it with morphine and you'd OD a guy into oblivion. Honestly I can't see it being anything but harmful. Maybe as some sort of traitor weapon it'd be nice since you could kill a stunned guy in no time at all, but otherwise it'd be insane to give to the crew.
As much as I would love to use this thing I have to agree here. Make it a traitor medical doctor item or chemistry traitor item and it would be good I think.
Traitor only, give it a timer on injection, give it to the Medical Director since he needs some fleshing out.
I just imagined all the things I could do with near-instantly injecting 120 units of anything into someone.

NO
traitors already have a way to inject fucktons of deathchems into someone thats way better then this anyway.
What if it were painted red, named the SLAUGHTERING CAN, and given to traitor botanists?
Or maybe put it in the Biodome or somewhere in Telescience like that, since I mean you can go grab a hunting rifle in 5 minutes if you're a half-competent Scientist.
How about this: Make it craftable, but it can't be used on someone else. You can fill yourself with a shitload of chemicals instantly, but can't run around and stick someone with 120 units of Mercury after raiding Botany. Basically a giant, craftable, self-hypospray. Except since it's duct-taped together by stupid pubbies, it has a 5% chance of filling your veins with air and giving you an embolism. v
Captain_Bravo Wrote:How about this: Make it craftable, but it can't be used on someone else. You can fill yourself with a shitload of chemicals instantly, but can't run around and stick someone with 120 units of Mercury after raiding Botany. Basically a giant, craftable, self-hypospray. Except since it's duct-taped together by stupid pubbies, it has a 5% chance of filling your veins with air and giving you an embolism. v

Pills.
Yeah you can just use a watering can to create a 120 unit pill. I can only see this thing as being something to harm with but I would like to see it somewhere. Maybe place one of these on the medical shuttle where the evil medbots are?
If the idea is just to make it a traitor item or a hidden reward, why would you even bother with the air tank, janky sprite, etc? Why not just add in a gigantic hypospray or one of those weird-ass needle things from Bioshock and be done with it.

I think the entire purpose of his post was that he wants it to be craftable. That's why the sprite looks like it does. Some option for botanists/bartenders/staff assistants that want to be able to inject more than 5 units of whatever, and don't have access to emagged hyposprays and pill dispensers. Putting it somewhere for telescience, (already has chemistry access) making it traitor-only, (can spawn an emag, sleepypens, etc.) kind of violates the spirit of the idea. If it would be too overpowered, maybe discuss ways to tone that down a bit? Instead of just saying "pills exist, so fuck you"?
Here is an idea to balance it: Let's have the amount of units pumped out be related to the air pressure of the O2 tank. Full pressure pumps all 120 units while 20 psi or lower pumps only one. We could also balance it by adding hard to get items to the mix.
rulib Wrote:What if it were painted red, named the SLAUGHTERING CAN, and given to traitor botanists?

Captain_Bravo Wrote:How about this: Make it craftable, but it can't be used on someone else. You can fill yourself with a shitload of chemicals instantly, but can't run around and stick someone with 120 units of Mercury after raiding Botany. Basically a giant, craftable, self-hypospray. Except since it's duct-taped together by stupid pubbies, it has a 5% chance of filling your veins with air and giving you an embolism. v

epicdwarf Wrote:Here is an idea to balance it: Let's have the amount of units pumped out be related to the air pressure of the O2 tank. Full pressure pumps all 120 units while 20 psi or lower pumps only one. We could also balance it by adding hard to get items to the mix.

NO. NO. NO.

Why are we even discussing this idea, the original plan is overpowered for a non-traitor item, underpowered for a traitor item. It is basically a big, unstealthy sleepy pen which already transfers more than adequate amount of chemicals. There is nothing unique this provides. To hell with ye.