Ava Squire HOS application: fourth times the charm
Usual character name: Ava Squire/Pug Squire
BYOND username: NanoDano
Discord username: MysticFlower
Recommended by :N/A
Goon servers you play:Goon1

For those that read my previous applications, this is basically an edited version of that which includes some new opinions and views.

Reason for application: I tend to tire of games pretty fast, once I've done everything or completed the main story I normally don't stick around for much longer, but this game is quite different. The only reason I'm still here is because I simply love interacting with the community, its why I play security so much security, its entire job is interacting with the crew; and if I get to interact with even more people and help new secoffs by being HOS then so be it!

Security experience: My first time playing secoff was probably the usual for most new secoffs, no clue of what I'm doing and struggling to even survive in this fart filled world. But after some time and some lessons from the hos(thanks viridis), I was finally able to start making proper arrests. Obviously the first thing that drew me to security was the batons, the tasers, and of course I can’t forget the snazzy outfits, drip is the endgame after all.

However after mostly playing sec for all this time I have come to realize talking first and tazing later is so important because this entire game is driven by the people, the main reason this game has lasted so long is because of the community and their wackiness, so by choosing to play security you dedicate yourself to making sure those people have a good time, even if they are dead set on blowing up the station. Without security to arrest and antag and let them try again they’ll just get validhunted by the nearest angry mob because they bat formed through a door, then they won't learn a thing.

Security and antags go hand in hand, it's like a game of cat and mouse, with no one to pursue the bad guys they just wander the station and kill people or get killed, but with security to chase after them they stay on their toes and sometimes even get saved from that angry mob or validhunter.
  • [font=Verdana]What advice would you give to other sec players?: [/font]Well I could go for the usual disks on table and label pinpointers(which you should still definitely do) but I often see new secoffs carry around their batons and tasers in the halls like rambo, yes, it's easier, but you’ll see that you will be knocked down A LOT in this game, so keeping your tools in your belt until they are actually needed is quite important, and as a greytider myself, the urge to knock the weapons out of your hands is irresistible. Also, being a changeling, arcfiend, or vampire is not illegal! Havent you heard of the interspiecies peace act?! Now put him down so he can go cause some chaos!
  • [font=Verdana]What was one of your favorite security moments?: Honestly I just love all of it, of course I have bad rounds but theres always a good one to come after, as long as I get to talk to people and get pranked by the clown I'm happy[/font]
  • [font=Verdana]Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.: When I have a team I usually just patrol around the station talking to people until I find a nerd worthy of my baton, but when alone I get real quiet, I still talk, but its usually just a quick response to other people talking to me, cause I've got a lot to do and a lot of shit is normally going down. Unless too much shit is happening then I laze around in sec feeding my crippling coffee addiction.[/font]
  • [b]Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.: [/b]
    Poems are for chumps, heres a radical rap! Eatin donuts with the boys, that's where its at! That's all we do till the clown goes splat! When the antags come we turn our backs, then fart! Until they're pushed back!

• [font=Verdana]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?: Have security dress up as knights and secasses as squires[/font]

Previous bans: Twice for bad language and once because I found a flamethrower when I was new, burnt my nice hop office wood floors to a crisp  Mr. V gets roasted
Recommended by Osmosis Bones
I got to observe a round recently, secoffs were looking up to Ava for what to do with a port-a-brigged ex-shambler, and later an afk ling in security. Ava was giving sharp answers (port-a-brig one to disposals, cryo or leave alone the afk one,) it made me double check to see if Ava was already an HoS! Seems like a good fit to me.
When I was playing a randomname Secoff, you kept yoinking away a fire elemental when people were killing them.

You then said "unlawful execution" and "terrible secoff" to me, for trying to kill an antagonist.

I'd rather not have a HoS that says that kind of stuff to Security players when they're not Security themselves.
(11-18-2022, 04:24 PM)Cal Wrote: When I was playing a randomname Secoff, you kept yoinking away a fire elemental when people were killing them.

You then said "unlawful execution" and "terrible secoff" to me, for trying to kill an antagonist.

I'd rather not have a HoS that says that kind of stuff to Security players when they're not Security themselves.

That particular secoff was chasing me around to kill that afk fire elemental that didn't do anything to deserve being killed, after a while she was really getting on my nerves but I shouldn't have let it get to me that much

(11-18-2022, 07:23 PM)NanoDano Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 04:24 PM)Cal Wrote: When I was playing a randomname Secoff, you kept yoinking away a fire elemental when people were killing them.

That particular secoff was chasing me around to kill that afk fire elemental that didn't do anything to deserve being killed, after a while she was really getting on my nerves but I shouldn't have let it get to me that much
And I was just trying to type something out fast enough while you and the other guy were hitting it or trying to take it away
The last time I commented for Eva Squire's HoS application was on their first, quite some time ago.
In that comment I outlined their behavior as having contributed to one of the worst experiences I'd had in SS13 in a long time at that point.
Since that time, despite consistent refusal from the community, Eva Squire has shown noteworthy persistence in their intentions to become an HoS.

As it was noted in a previous comment in this very application, Eva Squire has developed a tendency to act in behalf of others.
Indeed, thrusting themselves into situations to defend Criminals, Antagonists and Crew alike.
Arguing fair, and even lenient sentencing, in due consideration for their experience or how the round was going as a whole.

Yes, it may have upset crew--However Appeasing the masses is not a concern for the HoS.
Helping Antagonists to have fun and get better at the game, allowing Crew to have interactions with Antagonists and thereby more fun for both sides.
Someone capable of recognizing their role in the matter is a valuable asset for the flow of the round.

I do not condone attacking Crew, actively helping Antagonists in combat, or berating others for "valid-hunting."
I myself make efforts to dissuade crew from executing Antagonists that are detained or extremely inexperienced.
If they want to kill it, let them kill it. They are doing nothing wrong. You tried, and you did good trying to save them.
Be mindful that if it came back and set them on fire, you would be responsible for causing harm to crew unnecessarily.

Eva Squire has steadily improved in Leadership, fair sentencing & ability to combat threats to the station.
I have not witnessed any troubling behavior from them.
All said, I believe Eva Squire is ready to take leadership.

+1, I can support Eva Squire's Appeal to become Head of Security.
I vote Yes Ava has been fun to play with. Somtimes takes over arrests when the antag is confirmed but will back down if asked too.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to some concerns regarding your behaviour. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!