Echo Five HoS Application: I ran out of sarcastic names
Usual character name: Echo Five
BYOND username: Drewmajor11
Discord username (if you are on our discord): EchoFive#3116
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A Afaik, I’ve been recommended in the past but I’m not counting any as current.
Goon servers you play: I’ve played all of them a fair bit, but I mainly just play 1 now.

Reason for application:
Genuinely, I believe it’s been quite a while since I’ve made the same mistakes I used to make as HoS that got me removed. I’ve played security fairly consistently, and I think I still have the qualities to play fairly well as an HoS. I’m willing to admit I may be wrong and I actually want the feedback as well regardless.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I’ve played since around July of 2020 now, fairly consistently. I’ve mained security and staff assistant for a lot of the time(don’t ask), which means I’ve played multiple hundred hours of security at this point. I’ve played on RP and classic, as well as the old overflow servers, and I feel like this has given me a good mix of experience to play as HoS again. When I was first whitelisted I was still only a few months into the game and I don’t believe I was as ready as I thought I was at the time. Now, I think that I’ve played security for long enough and I’ve worked on my behavior enough to understand how to play as HoS again. When I was removed I believe I was overly violent, and I made a lot of mistakes, obviously, I’m still going to make mistakes, but at this point, I think that I’ve gained more experience and I’ve dropped most of my old habits. A lot of my old issues included greytiding and not taking things very seriously, I’ll admit I’m still not the most serious and I don’t think I need to be on ss13, but I try to play in a way that makes it more fun for other people. And I gained this experience by actually playing security for quite some time as a normal officer again. This has also allowed me to adjust my playstyle a lot more based on what is actually happening. Most of my security experience in this time has been on 1, before that, most of my security experience was on RP, having both of these perspectives helps me to play security on either server. Each server can benefit from a bit of the other server’s viewpoints, in my opinion. I’ve also learned to not take being killed too seriously, I don’t spend all my time trying to “win” as much as I used to, I try to actually make the game fun for the antags as well.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • [font=Verdana]What advice would you give to other sec players?[/font]
  • [font=Verdana]Try not to play to “win,” don’t be too light on antags, but don’t just practically remove them from the round on their first crime. Avoid over sentencing, especially on main, and don’t stick completely to space law, learn as you go.[/font]
  • [font=Verdana]What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)[/font]
  • [font=Verdana]What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?[/font]
  • [font=Verdana]I actually want the stun baton to be capped to 15 seconds again like it was for a single day, it makes it harder for the security team to sweep all of the antags and practically end the round.[/font]
  • [font=Verdana]Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.[/font]
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • [font=Verdana]Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.[/font]
  •  
  • [font=Verdana]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?[/font]
  • [font=Verdana]Draw a picture![/font]
Once again, I am terrible at poetry or drawing and it would be cruel to subject the people to it. I’ve ran too many different gimmicks to really be able to name a favorite at this point.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Genuinely, no clue anymore, I know I’ve had a lot and a lot of notes, I could name a few of them but I don’t think I’d catch all of them. The most recent one that I can remember was an RP ban from 2021(?) for being overtly violent to the security team as an antag(Mass murder, essentially, breaking RP rules, long story, not a good thing to do). If an admin would like to post my exact ban history that is fine by me for full transparency.

Okay, well, I hate formatting, but I can't edit this, so I'm just going to post in a comment ig.
Usual character name: Echo Five
BYOND username: Drewmajor11
Discord username (if you are on our discord): EchoFive#3116
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A Afaik, I’ve been recommended in the past but I’m not counting any as current.
Goon servers you play: I’ve played all of them a fair bit, but I mainly just play 1 now.

Reason for application:
Genuinely, I believe it’s been quite a while since I’ve made the same mistakes I used to make as HoS that got me removed. I’ve played security fairly consistently, and I think I still have the qualities to play fairly well as an HoS. I’m willing to admit I may be wrong and I actually want the feedback as well regardless.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I’ve played since around July of 2020 now, fairly consistently. I’ve mained security and staff assistant for a lot of the time(don’t ask), which means I’ve played multiple hundred hours of security at this point. I’ve played on RP and classic, as well as the old overflow servers, and I feel like this has given me a good mix of experience to play as HoS again. When I was first whitelisted I was still only a few months into the game and I don’t believe I was as ready as I thought I was at the time. Now, I think that I’ve played security for long enough and I’ve worked on my behavior enough to understand how to play as HoS again. When I was removed I believe I was overly violent, and I made a lot of mistakes, obviously, I’m still going to make mistakes, but at this point, I think that I’ve gained more experience and I’ve dropped most of my old habits. A lot of my old issues included greytiding and not taking things very seriously, I’ll admit I’m still not the most serious and I don’t think I need to be on ss13, but I try to play in a way that makes it more fun for other people. And I gained this experience by actually playing security for quite some time as a normal officer again. This has also allowed me to adjust my playstyle a lot more based on what is actually happening. Most of my security experience in this time has been on 1, before that, most of my security experience was on RP, having both of these perspectives helps me to play security on either server. Each server can benefit from a bit of the other server’s viewpoints, in my opinion. I’ve also learned to not take being killed too seriously, I don’t spend all my time trying to “win” as much as I used to, I try to actually make the game fun for the antags as well.

Answer two or more of the following:
What advice would you give to other sec players?
Try not to play to “win,” don’t be too light on antags, but don’t just practically remove them from the round on their first crime. Avoid oversentencing, especially on main, and don’t stick completely to space law, learn as you go.
What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
I actually want the stun baton to be capped to 15 seconds again like it was for a single day, it makes it harder for the security team to sweep all of the antags and practically end the round.
Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Draw a picture!
Once again, I am terrible at poetry or drawing and it would be cruel to subject the people to it. I’ve ran too many different gimmicks to really be able to name a favorite at this point.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Genuinely, no clue anymore, I know I’ve had a lot and a lot of notes, I could name a few of them but I don’t think I’d catch all of them. The most recent one that I can remember was an RP ban from 2021(?) for being overtly violent to the security team as an antag(Mass murder, essentially, breaking RP rules, long story, not a good thing to do). If an admin would like to post my exact ban history that is fine by me for full transparency.
+1 good experienced officer who is reasonable with punishments, would make a great HoS
as i said on the other apps of course i want ya back wearing the beret brother, hope this time is the charm.

+1
Havent seen echo in a while but from what I remember he was an excellent officer +1

(11-16-2022, 02:51 PM)NanoDano Wrote: Havent seen echo in a while but from what I remember he was an excellent officer +1

after thinking about it im gonna hold off until i actually see him again
(11-16-2022, 02:51 PM)NanoDano Wrote: Havent seen echo in a while but from what I remember he was an excellent officer +1

after thinking about it im gonna hold off until i actually see him again

Hijacking this to mention, I have been mainly playing at later times recently cause I got a new job about 2 months ago, and ironically right after I posted this I got scheduled for the next 5 days. So I’ll try to be around but most likely will be the weekend.
Hey, I'm realizing this probably wasn't the best time to post this as I ended up very busy recently, I'm going to try to leave this up and I'll try my best to be on a bit more in the coming week since I know I haven't really been seen all that much in a bit.