Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Blank bullets
The thought of adding blanks came across my mind the other day, and I thought it could be implemented like this:

They do not shoot a projectile while still making the shooty bang bang noise, thus also not doing any damage (they could potentially do some minor damage if point blanked)

Could either be added to hacked general fabricators, or security vendors, seeing as they aren't that dangerous when in the wrong hands.

Only thing I'm not entirely sure about is in what guns the blanks would fit in/what types of bullets could be replaced with blanks, I feel that having different calibers for every one we have would be quite a clutter.
Maybe just having one universal blank ammo for all the guns that would be acceptable to have blanks in them would be a better way?

But seeing as I'm not at all a gun person, some people who are even somewhat versed in bullet stuff (and bullet and gun code) could probably be a bigger help than I could be.

The idea seems pretty fun to me, you could load a gun with blanks and purposefully drop it in preparation for a gunfight, use it for making a play or a movie without having to blow your fellow actor's head off, or just fire off a couple of rounds in maintenance to scare the seccies.

All in all it seems to me there's a lot of potential fun to be had if implented properly
The only argument I see is that if blanks are somehow too abundant they could lessen the impact of hearing actual shots. I definitely don't think they should be in (hacked) general fabs. But otherwise, sure why not.
Brobocops can "fire blanks" with their sound synthizers...